Braai etiket...

The expat cyclist

Lite beer: same alcohol content, lower calories.

Light beer: lower alcohol content, same calories.

Both for people who prefer peeing a lot to the taste beer.. :whistling:  :whistling:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Grew up to Castle lite?

You're joking, right? Drinking castle lite is about as dumb as braaing in a weber! Sure you can do it, but it's not really advisable/enjoyable.

Ag boet, doing this last night

post-57300-0-58835500-1502358547_thumb.jpg

was so easy, no hassles, and just as enjoyable as my morning bike ride, the beers thereafter, the red wine I had with the wors, and the Jack Daniels for a nightcap...

I will advise you to really try to braai something on a weber, and not in it...

attachicon.gifWorsbraai.jpg

was so easy, no hassles, and just as enjoyable as my morning bike ride, the beers thereafter, the red wine I had with the wors, and the Jack Daniels for a nightcap...

My bek water nou! 

Grew up as in ceased to judge people based on their choice of drink... IDGAF if you think Castle Lite is dumb, I drink it out of choice as it has a lower carbohydrate count and I actually like the taste, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying other beers as well. I also drink red & white wine, prefer Wolftrap red and some Secret Cellar wooded chardonnays to fat bastard and other more expensive wines because frankly they taste better to me. 

There I suppose is the answer, actually liking a beer should be the main reason for drinking it in the first place. Should never be a compromise!

now, let's hold off on the Wolftrap talk till friday, this gunna be good!

attachicon.gifWorsbraai.jpg

ha ha, I totally get that it's possible. It's like fixing a bike with a leatherman, can get the job done but it's not the best (or even cheapest) tool for the job. 

I had two braais this holiday experience.

quick one at home on tuesday, did a spatchcock and worsies on the braai with charcoal.

then went sailing yesterday, boat has a gas braai (converted from charcoal, because it is just so much more functional). Our hamburgers and prepared mushrooms remained in the fridge as boat hasn't been out in a while and the gas hadn't been checked - epic fail!! (left over chicken went quite well in the hamburger buns)

I always associate its with old school type mentalities, because all the pics of my old man from the army, everybody was drinking those fat bottle Lions while in their browns....

Had a gf once way back when. Anyway, her toppie would finish a case of lion cans before doing his darndest to damage a bottle of Wellington VO and tab (since he must look out for his sugar intake...) So one Friday I knock off work early and go to her house. He is sitting there pissed as a coot, and threatens to donner me. I reciprocated. Needless to say, the relationship ended soon thereafter. I have never looked at a lion in the same way since.

The only thing that takes longer than 15min to braai, is chicken.

The rule with chicken is, when you think it is done, give it 5 more minutes.

Unfortunately theres always too much meat and not enough grid space so I have to stagger the cooking. Little Johnny likes a drumstick, so they bring a pack, wifey likes a bit of wors :ph34r: so she brings a whole pack....you get the picture.

Unfortunately theres always too much meat and not enough grid space so I have to stagger the cooking. Little Johnny likes a drumstick, so they bring a pack, wifey likes a bit of wors :ph34r: so she brings a whole pack....you get the picture.

I have these mates who often call and "arrange" a braai. Usually it goes along the lines of "we're having a (choose your cut) braai, and we'll provide the meat. Bring a salad and your drinks."

"Cool, " I'll say, "see you then".

When I arrive, the provided meat is for himself, the wife and kids...

I now bring my own meat anyway, whether I am told to or not...