Braai etiket...

MJ the Expat

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd had no intention of having a braai yesterday, until I saw this yellowtail in the shops yesterday morning and felt I couldn't leave without it.

attachicon.gifIMG_0794.JPG

Sorry but if you put that on the fire wrapped in foil, then its steaming the fish, and if you cooked in top of the foil then you fried it.

Get a grill for fish rather, you will taste the difference.

I'd had no intention of having a braai yesterday, until I saw this yellowtail in the shops yesterday morning and felt I couldn't leave without it.

attachicon.gifIMG_0794.JPG

Tell me that you did NOT use that foil !!!!

Tell me that you did NOT use that foil !!!!

I'm no fishbraai expert but I don't think it's sacrilige to use tinfoil. I'm guessing you're either a slap it straight on or newspaper/banana leaves dude?

maxresdefault.jpg

I'm no fishbraai expert but I don't think it's sacrilige to use tinfoil. I'm guessing you're either a slap it straight on or newspaper/banana leaves dude?

maxresdefault.jpg

I think that is slightly different from what is basically steamed fish kedgerree.When my mother made that I wanted to run away from home.....

You bought lamb from woolies?? How did you afford the airtime to post the picture?

I could barely afford the airtime, hehe. It's quality meat, but after today I think I'll be sticking to the local butcher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Netflix doccie called "Barbeque" - nothing profound but it does work as an appetiser especially one part where they cutting smoked brisket :drool:

Netflix doccie called "Barbeque" - nothing profound but it does work as an appetiser especially one part where they cutting smoked brisket :drool:

Not braai related, but the other night the wife and I were in the mood for something meaty to go with eggs and chips, so I chopped up 3 pieces of Brisket and added a chopped up onion to go with the meat in the frying pan - added a bit of crushed garlic with some herbs, and it came out quite tasty.

Not braai related, but the other night the wife and I were in the mood for something meaty to go with eggs and chips, so I chopped up 3 pieces of Brisket and added a chopped up onion to go with the meat in the frying pan - added a bit of crushed garlic with some herbs, and it came out quite tasty.

I couldn't read further.... 

My missus tunes me she is in the mood for something meaty and I will be suggesting something way different.