Braai etiket...

The expat cyclist

Mmmmmmm.

Lunch time.a52cd518ed57e04e340d8d6a7f428132.jpg

I have these nice long s/steel skewers that I use when doing a "coil" of wors. Use two of them to skewer through the coil with and creating a cross....this holds it all together and lets you turn the whole coil easily ... it seems to also help keep in moisture ... give it a spin.

If you use wood/bamboo skewers give them a good soak in water first.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have these nice long s/steel skewers that I use when doing a "coil" of wors. Use two of them to skewer through the coil with and creating a cross....this holds it all together and lets you turn the whole coil easily ... it seems to also help keep in moisture ... give it a spin.

If you use wood/bamboo skewers give them a good soak in water first.

Hairy, tjaaina! The wors must not be buggered with at all, ever! 

As jy moet steek, steek jou vinger in jou oog!!

ek dink hy ly aan 'n wan-interpretasie van "steek die wors"...

Whats your guys take on the smokers gooing their stompies in the braai?

On Friday we had a braai at work. I made the braai and did most of the braaiing(because I don't trust anyone here with my meat) We all clubbed in and one oke went to buy a some meat(various animals and cuts). I was still busy braaing and one guy rocks up and chucks his stompie in the coals. I didn't loose it with him but we did have a few words. I was not happy and I let him know. He claims I am the first to complain and he's been smoking since a school boy. 

I have no issue with someone smoking but don't do it near me or my braai!!!!!!!!!!!!

#moermeterinnirooi

Try this when I am captaining the tongs, and see where I shove that bright red glowing coal...

ek dink hy ly aan 'n wan-interpretasie van "steek die wors"...

maybe my wors is just bigger and needs help to swing it around

okes. i have been staying in Mumbai for 8 months now. managed to find a small webber and became the king at braaing chicken wings pork chops and lamb chops. as for red meat they want to sell buffalo to me but i am not keen on it. unless you guys know of some braai tips for buffalo. cow meat will get me in prison here.

okes. i have been staying in Mumbai for 8 months now. managed to find a small webber and became the king at braaing chicken wings pork chops and lamb chops. as for red meat they want to sell buffalo to me but i am not keen on it. unless you guys know of some braai tips for buffalo. cow meat will get me in prison here.

have you done a goat on the fire yet?

I have a recipe for buffalo wings... ;)

I'm not sure if these links will help. One is for Buffalo and one is for Bison.

https://www.thespruce.com/grilled-buffalo-steak-335404

http://www.sayersbrook.com/blog/grilling-bison-steak-to-perfection/

I Googled 'how to braai Buffalo', and I saw results that had to do with braai'ing buffalo wings, so I Googled 'how to bbq buffalo'. I don't think the first recipe has to do with braai'ing as such, and I'm not sure how different Buffalo is to Bison.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'd give the buffalo a try if I was you. It is a bovine in nature so should have similarities to cow.

Marinade in Woestersous and ripe papaya with spice of choice, slap on fire. The Yanks are also big on buffalo steaks etc, so you could find a treasure trove of info on the net

From quickly looking it up on the net, buffalo meat looks like it should be a treat. Not only leaner and healthier than beef, but supposedly tastier too with a richer flavour.