[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2018

Pure Savage

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if he knows it's illegal to sell it for more than he paid?

Who's going to arrest him? Perhaps its unethical - but if someone is willing to pay that, I personally don't care however it seems an entry is not such hot property anymore.

Who's going to arrest him? Perhaps its unethical - but if someone is willing to pay that, I personally don't care however it seems an entry is not such hot property anymore.

No one is going to arrest him but just like hitting a cyclist with your car and driving off, it's illegal...............  Just because you don't agree with the rules doesn't mean you shouldn't obey them.

I've got an entry I'm trying to transfer if anyone needs one.

For the past week I've been telling myself that if I find another free entry coming out of the woodwork, I would take it and see if I could finish but having ridden this past weekend and realized that my un-fitness extends past that of mountain biking, the odds are that I'll make it to the end of the M3, then fall over and die :P 

you up town visitors ... are you going to bring us some water?

also where are you guys staying ? In town or where?

Staying in Greenpoint, 500m from the finish. It has worked well for me in past years.

I invited a recent cycling partner to join me for a "dirty weekend" in Cape Town.

I had to quickly explain to her that I had no lascivious intentions but had been referring to an inability to have a shower...... 

That little sinkhole that's emerged on Victoria Road just before Glen Beach will be interesting to monitor over the next 10 days ...   :whistling:

Not to mention the lovely smell coming out of that sinkhole.

Going past there at 11h00 yesterday, about a 10m diameter depression has already formed around the hole. Quite a bit more than it was on Saturday.

At least it was cordoned off, well sorta...

Not to mention the lovely smell coming out of that sinkhole.

Going past there at 11h00 yesterday, about a 10m diameter depression has already formed around the hole. Quite a bit more than it was on Saturday.

At least it was cordoned off, well sorta...

At the rate we're running out of water, don't be surprized if the locals are fishing whatever fluid is making that hole out with buckets on ropes by the time the race starts :P

Could anyone from Durban, flying to CT on Mango, part with info on bike transport arrangements, please.

In the past we had to take the bike to KING SHAKA Cargo Terminal a few days before.

Bidvest used to fly the bikes down a few days before and back a few days after the race.

I haven't heard a thing yet.

No email yet and also no special notice on the website either.

The lady at Mango Customer Service says there might be an alternative arrangement this year, but cannot say for sure. Nor can she say when an announcement will be made.

Input will be mostly welcomed. 

Thanks.

It's two weeks away. The weather forecast will change 100 times before then. It's only accurate within +-  4 days 

agreed - i was being ironical..

Could anyone from Durban, flying to CT on Mango, part with info on bike transport arrangements, please.

In the past we had to take the bike to KING SHAKA Cargo Terminal a few days before.

Bidvest used to fly the bikes down a few days before and back a few days after the race.

I haven't heard a thing yet.

No email yet and also no special notice on the website either.

The lady at Mango Customer Service says there might be an alternative arrangement this year, but cannot say for sure. Nor can she say when an announcement will be made.

Input will be mostly welcomed. 

Thanks.

I stopped trying to deal with airlines and bicycles over the CTCT weekend. It just is too complicated.

I have used the courier people ( there are a few companies that do it) and it makes the logistics a breeze. You drop the bike a few days in advance, pick it up at the stadium when you register, drop it off after the race and fetch it from them when you get home. No need to pack, carry, worry about it getting trashed on the plane, etc. 

This year I will be using these guys: https://secure.trans-sport.co.za

I see they service Durban as well, give them a call.

I stopped trying to deal with airlines and bicycles over the CTCT weekend. It just is too complicated.

I have used the courier people ( there are a few companies that do it) and it makes the logistics a breeze. You drop the bike a few days in advance, pick it up at the stadium when you register, drop it off after the race and fetch it from them when you get home. No need to pack, carry, worry about it getting trashed on the plane, etc. 

This year I will be using these guys: https://secure.trans-sport.co.za

I see they service Durban as well, give them a call.

Am trying the courier option for the first time this year for the same reason as you.