[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2018

Pure Savage

I can't enter yet unfortunately, it would be pointless. Being more into MTB and relatively new to the cycling scene, I only recently got myself a road bike and still have a long ways to go before I can attempt a 100km road race with any hopes of finishing it. My fitness leaves a lot to be desired at the moment.

It's not that it bothers me, but it confuses me that's all :D I'm trying to see the reasoning behind taking the risk of potentially forfeiting so many entries so close to the cutoff time.

80% of the Argus bunch is MTBers  :P

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't enter yet unfortunately, it would be pointless. Being more into MTB and relatively new to the cycling scene, I only recently got myself a road bike and still have a long ways to go before I can attempt a 100km road race with any hopes of finishing it. My fitness leaves a lot to be desired at the moment.

It's not that it bothers me, but it confuses me that's all :D I'm trying to see the reasoning behind taking the risk of potentially forfeiting so many entries so close to the cutoff time.

Started riding in October and will be riding my first Argus..... On a Mtb..... In baggies..... With unshaven legs...... But with calf length socks [emoji6] Edited by Twaatie

Started riding in October and will be riding my first Argus..... On a Mtb..... In baggies..... With unshaven legs...... But with calf length socks [emoji6]

Almost the same for me, but on a road bike that is converted to 1x8 with a MTB cassette and NW chainring. But definitely baggies and unshaven legs. 

Started riding in October and will be riding my first Argus..... On a Mtb..... In baggies..... With unshaven legs...... But with calf length socks [emoji6]

Hahahaa nice! Represent! I had considered just going for it and seeing how I do, but I haven't done any seeding races that I know of, and if I did, I probably didn't finish in times that would be at all beneficial to me meaning that I'll most likely be starting in the last group and then have to race to get to the first cutoff and miss that sweeper bus (?).

I should add that I'm assuming this based on what I've heard from other people, I have no idea how much of it is actually an issue. I've also heard that some people ride way at the back wearing animal costumes and riding BMXes and stuff, and somehow feel that regardless of my crappy fitness levels, I should at least be able to stay in front of those folks. The biggest challenge is probably not knowing what to expect, not having attempted it before.

Hahahaa nice! Represent! I had considered just going for it and seeing how I do, but I haven't done any seeding races that I know of, and if I did, I probably didn't finish in times that would be at all beneficial to me meaning that I'll most likely be starting in the last group and then have to race to get to the first cutoff and miss that sweeper bus (?).

I should add that I'm assuming this based on what I've heard from other people, I have no idea how much of it is actually an issue. I've also heard that some people ride way at the back wearing animal costumes and riding BMXes and stuff, and somehow feel that regardless of my crappy fitness levels, I should at least be able to stay in front of those folks. The biggest challenge is probably not knowing what to expect, not having attempted it before.

Put your details in here to get your seeding index and seeding races you've done.

http://results.pedalpower.org.za/findme.aspx?ss=1

Put your details in here to get your seeding index and seeding races you've done.

http://results.pedalpower.org.za/findme.aspx?ss=1

Pity the Herald is way too late to count as seeding for the CTCT. 12.60 compared to 20.80 for the Mangaung race last year seems like a big difference.

On the other hand it should mean my CTCT might not be a try-to-keep-up-for-as-long-as-possible torture session.

10am like me

Sheet. That gives you 7 hours to finish the 100km race seeing as the cutoff at the end is at 17h00, although I would not want my name displayed on any medium next to that time if it DOES end up taking me that long haha :P

Have regularly seen a pair on a tandem wearing cow outfits. Can't imagine that come Argus-day, they're going to be MOOOO-ving. Give it horns!!

Have regularly seen a pair on a tandem wearing cow outfits. Can't imagine that come Argus-day, they're going to be MOOOO-ving. Give it horns!!

What about the guys in the rhino bike, think it was a custom made bike that with a few riders

Damn, now I have some FOMO kicking in :(