Name and Shame fellow Cyclist/Drivers??

Quagga

Its the hairy legged fat MTBers who should stay off the tar, their behavior gives all cyclists a bad name.

Just stick to the trails, seriously!

its Friday.

This post deserved to be bump'ed :thumbup:  :thumbup: :ph34r:  

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well OP, you go first. Name and shame son.

I'm not using Strava so I'll be skipping red lights. 

My name is heeldrop and I skip red lights -aaaaaaaaaawh I feel so much better now that its out

what do germans know about bikes

Cars, yes!

Planes, yes!

Roads, yes!

Bikes, huh? Like say what ? :eek: :whistling: :nuke: :ph34r:

Silverback... Gorilla... Griepel... Andre... The Giant... Chinese brand

Nothing German in the 6 degrees of separation...

I have a confession to make, sometimes, on occasion, when it's very early and there are no cars around, I sometimes skip red lights. . . 

I hope the world and the starter of this post can forgive me, it's a matter of safety. . . 

Otherwise, if I can't be forgiven, the next time I roll up to a set of lights all alone and there is a dodgy guy standing there, I will slow down and stop next to him just to make his mugging easier. . .

**** I will have to own up to a few things seeing as it is friday...

hairy legs- guilty

did 6 training sessions this week and did not log a single one on Strava :ph34r: -guilty

But there was a cyclist having coffee with other cyclists today, and he did not have name brand sunglasses on, or on display during their coffee. Rules are rules, name brand sunglasses, preferrably reflective lenses as big as you can find and the brightest colour you can find...

Edited by dave303e

hairy legs- guilty

did 6 training sessions this week and did not log a single one on Strava :ph34r: -guilty

But there was a cyclist having coffee with other cyclists today, and he did not have name brand sunglasses on, or on display during their coffee. Rules are rules, name brand sunglasses, preferrably reflective lenses as big as you can find and the brightest colour you can find...

SIES

hairy legs- guilty

see your two, and raise you three and one and plenty  ....

tekkies on flat pedals

secret socks

hairy legs

dont have a Strava account

dont wear glasses ...

I ride a MTB on the road

I stop to help other cyclists

Heck, I even stop along a trail to take photos ....

But can you please help me .... STOP and red lights ... what are those ?

see your two, and raise you three and one and plenty ....

tekkies on flat pedals

secret socks

hairy legs

dont have a Strava account

dont wear glasses ...

I ride a MTB on the road

I stop to help other cyclists

Heck, I even stop along a trail to take photos ....

But can you please help me .... STOP and red lights ... what are those ?

As in all cycling related issues we need to look north to our Dutch neighbours to see how to behave with decorum near red lights.

friday thread primed and ready ,,,,you thought

me thinks this thread wont see friday

active posts 145

profile views 1151

either you moer entertaining,,,,,or

Hey Hey it's Friday time for new socks 

Edited by B A Z A

I have been thinking, why don’t we start naming and shaming our fellow cyclist breaking the road rules ( same a shaming the dopers) especially in areas where we ride often.

For example where they get in their cars and do 120km/h from Meerendal to Durbanville. This section almost always has cyclist on it and the speed limit is 80  then 70  then 60

If we see a fellow cyclist skipping a red light, look him/her up on Strava flyby and post it?

I know getting it ismotorist to give us an inch is going to take time, but maybe if we start with our fellow cyclist passing us within a meter or speeding etc and we name them then they will stop at least?

Honestly, as if there wasn't enough negativity and stuff in SA to worry about.

Clearly you are cycling for the wrong reasons...

As in all cycling related issues we need to look north to our Dutch neighbours to see how to behave with decorum near red lights.

Yep our Dutch neighbours are sorted leave all three lights burning that way we are all correct 

Decorum mmmm if it has fat hairy legs or charges to much i won't stop i move to the next red light 

Edited by B A Z A

Its the hairy legged fat MTBers who should stay off the tar, their behavior gives all cyclists a bad name.

Just stick to the trails, seriously!

Edit: Oh, and do us all a favor, while driving to and from the local MTB trail, please do so like normal human beings, if I had a penny each time a Hilux or Wildtrack, with a bunch of "enduro" bikes on the back, came screaming past like mad man.....

If the oke is driving a Wildtrack he is shaming himself already -let's not add to his humiliation. [emoji23] Edited by Wahoofish