Chapman's Peak Drive resurfacing

buchanan

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have a link?  Or heard on the radio?

This apparently came from the office of Donald Grant.

I am trying to confirm this.

Allen Winde will also be in attendance.

Job not completed yet.

Hang in there, Southerners.

I agree. It’s just the top layer that is paid roughly so the next layer can bind properly.They’re still going to add another smooth layer.

You obviously do not ride Chappies much.

Once a year, during the funride world champs.

We have plenty of passes out in the north, like Helz, Franschoek, du Toitskloof, Bainskloof etc.

I'm worried about you guys riding on that road in the condition it is in. If one of you okes bail hard and from the sounds of things, get ripped up, aren't you going to be in deep kark as you are riding on a road that has been closed to cyclists? Will medical aid and insurance cover you?

yes, med aid and insurance will still cover you. 

I agree. It’s just the top layer that is paid roughly so the next layer can bind properly.They’re still going to add another smooth layer.

They going to add a filler not another layer.

Correct. The filler layer is called a slurry and the total layer is commonly called a Cape Seal.

It will be the same surface that you have on the last 10Km at Macsteel not nice but not that bad.

They going to add a filler not another layer.

Correct. The filler layer is called a slurry and the total layer is commonly called a Cape Seal.

So the upshot of all of this is that, yes, this is the final surface, but they're going to fill it in... Got it...

#firstworldproblems

As mentioned by someone earlier in the thread It would make a far nicer cycle if it were a rundown jeep track though...

Think I need to move to Mongolia