Giro d'Italia 2018: The Most Beautiful Grand Tour

'Dale

Even if Yates didn't crack,cramp,blow,bonk and then forget how to pedal a bicycle, he would've stuck with Poomoulin group at very best. Still wouldn't have been good enough.

That was a monster effort from froome. RESPECT!!!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolute epic ride by Froome.

Out of this world.

Really hope he can finish it off tomorrow

What a Giro, who would have guessed that would have been the script - hats off to SKY, another brilliantly executed race so far, just hope he takes it to Rome now

Had to watch the commentary on line as at work

The cream will always rise to the top

They really understood the strengths and weaknesses of the rest and had a plan

He is looking impervious

Not my favourite but ...boy..can he ride

Throwing the kitchen sink at it was the only other option apart from "go home". He was never going to inch his way upward anywhere.

As mentioned above, don't take a 2.5 week performance to a 3 week Grand Tour.

(Having said that, I do feel for Yates.)

Throwing the kitchen sink at it was the only other option apart from "go home". He was never going to inch his way upward anywhere.

As mentioned above, don't take a 2.5 week performance to a 3 week Grand Tour.

(Having said that, I do feel for Yates.)

Eurosport also interviewed the director sporting for Michelton Scott and whilst they are sad of the situation, they can be proud of what they achieved and will learn a lot, at 24 yo Yates has plenty of time and it was mentioned that even Froome was not winning GT's at that age.

Will likely make him stronger and more determined which can only be good for the cycling battles to come!

pity about O'Connor tho... Great tour for him and would have been on the Young Riders podium for sure

I see Aru also on the retired list

Saw post race interview by Brailsford, said they decided to throw the kitchen sink at it today, riders up the road, anyone and everyone related to sky acting as soigneurs along the route handing out drinks and food and ready for everything. Taking the view that a long attack would be the best option to gain time rather than leaving it to the last hill. Well thought out and executed! Chapeau!

Also saw that. Amazing how THE ENTIRE TEAM that was in Italy was on the road today doing something. They all knew it was all or nothing. They backed their man and he delivered.

Respect...not many words to describe what went down...Congratulations CF...

These sort of rides only come round now and then and they are never forgotten ..it is what makes racing so exciting..the dawg has gotten a lot more fans because of it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I want to see that ride on strava with power stats :eek:

Will never happen but from the live velon cc info it looked like it was somewhere near an average of 350watts for 80km.

Yeah that was pretty funny. Very clever, had way more of an impact due to the fact that he was busy dropping everyone. Wouldn't have been as funny if it was a big Pelton riding together.