Plant Based.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there.

Is anyone on here plant based, I have a few questions...

As in vegan ?

My daughter is, so ask away

If you didn't mean plant based in terms of nourishment...I can get you InTouch with my boet that's into a plant based smoking routine; and that would be excluding tabacco.

As in vegan ?

My daughter is, so ask away

No, as in being full of **** and forcing your new found wisdom onto others.  :ph34r: 

Im a vegan at home and an omnivore out of the home - wjat can I help you with Wayne?

Ahhh veganism - there is no shortage of opinions in this department!!!!!

Also vegetarian, last 6 years or so. Eat a little cheese maybe once a month or so (*I love pizza, major problem for me!) and a bit of milk if I am out and someone makes coffee/don pedros etc without asking me but otherwise no eggs and minimal dairy. Stopped eating eggs a long time ago though, before I left meat...the old bacon and eggs was catching up to me!

For me it was a health and animal welfare consideration, but these days I am not sure how anyone affords meat! Was looking at the meat at a friends bar the other and its R60 odd for crappy Spar wors now??!!

Some background. We have been Vegetarian for about 6 months and the more I learn the more I am interested in becoming Vegan.

1. Did anyone experience any pronounced weight loss from the switch?

2. Anyone have any suggestions for interesting sites that provided PROPER information. 

Will ask a few more as my mind wanders.

You can visit Durianrider on You tube. He pretty much has all the answers on his channel. Of course, there will be a lot of criticism. People will only believe what the majority tells them and what "Science" have proven.

I don't think you will ever look back once you have committed to Carb the F up and Go Vegan!

i've been ovo-lacto veg for over 12 years (egg and diary still consumed ) - the original plan being to make the move over to vegan - has never happened, and of late I've been diagnosed with severe anaemia - to the extent i had to do 5 weekly IV Iron infusions - so I'm considering actually reintroducing non plant based into my diet. Waiting for final tests back to see. 

The full on vegan thing though for me is a lifestyle not a diet - so no animal byproducts at all in clothing, absolutely no animal tested products etc - not impossible but tough - and a lot of these 100% vegan cruelty free products aren't cheap. 

Archived