Tygerberg MTB Trails

Bub Marley

Heard a rumour about an injury to a rider on the Hoogies Cobra this weekend, needing a heli evac? Anyone have any details/confirmation?

Again??

About 3 or 4 weeks back someone broke some vertebrae at the bottom of cobra.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard a rumour about an injury to a rider on the Hoogies Cobra this weekend, needing a heli evac? Anyone have any details/confirmation?

I know about the one of 2 or 3 weeks ago. Is this another one?

I know about the one of 2 or 3 weeks ago. Is this another one?

As I said a rumour. i think its probably just a few weeks delay in making it to the deep South, so probably the same one you're thinking of. 

As I said a rumour. i think its probably just a few weeks delay in making it to the deep South, so probably the same one you're thinking of. 

If it's that one, then OTB on that shale corner that always gets cleaned out yet seems to find a new covering every 5 months. 

Yep, it's open.

Which parts of Bloemendal are actually closed? My littlies want to go ride there.

Which parts of Bloemendal are actually closed? My littlies want to go ride there.

Think its upper Bloemendal that's closed

TRAIL CLOSURE

Please note that Bloemendaaler on upper Bloemendal and Homerun on lower Bloemendal are both currently closed for maintenance over the weekend. Please do not ride as the trails are extremely soft and wet and you will damage them if  you do. 

The trail builders have been test riding it, so there are some tyre marks on the the trail. Please do not feel entitled to ride just because you see these tyre marks. 
If you spot anyone riding, please do not hesitate to chase them off the trail.

We thank you for your cooperation in this matter. 

THANKS to Patrick and his teams !!

What a stunning vibe on the trails.  Awesome to see the work being done to the trails !!

LOTS of families out having an absolute BLAST.

post-110956-0-51595600-1563019001_thumb.jpg

LOMBAARDS TERRA now ROCKS!!!!! We took a real newbie there and she loved it. 

Was great to see table tops, so us learning wannabe jumpers dont end up in hospital and the okes who has more skill can clear them and have a blast.

The whole trail just FLOWS, and the jumps are as dangerous as YOU make them.

All new different lines  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

Thanks SOOOOO much Conrad. 

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

So on Saturday there was a group of peeps getting skills training at the Leatt Skills Park, which was cool to see. What was not so cool was the way they were crowding around between the drops and the table top transitions, creating a case of dodge and weave every time I attempted a run...

Did the new Klipheuwel trail past Saturday. Really nice and scenic. Saw many other riders.

But had a very disconcerting experience. See attached pic. We were following the red line and was about at the red circle. Someone was shooting from the building in the direction of the blue arrow. Sounded like a high-ish caliber gun. With one of the shots I heard the ricochet come past us. Actually pretty ******* dangerous.

post-69715-0-02644700-1563192774_thumb.png

Edited by Puncture Kid

This is worrying.

Did you contact/sent the club an email about it? That way the powers that be can act on it immediately.