Tygerberg MTB Trails

Bub Marley

I was part of the Wed test runs and it is a insane section,just a note if its windy be very carefull of getting airborne ,the cross wind is not good.And very slippery when wet we had 2 little slipsĀ  Sunday on some more test runs.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Robbie Stewart, that is our goal over the next few years...... to make the Hammer the best flowline in the country! We have the basics in place, we have the elevation, we have the distance (more planned) and of course we have the man Duran to build it, ably assisted by our TMTBC trail crew guru shapers and the legend that is Mike Goodwin floating around too!

We will continue upgrading to the extent that from the start at the top all the way to the finish at the bottom will just get better and bigger, just as we have done with the finish in this build.

Happy days!!

@PatrickRĀ Thanks for the hard graft you, your team of trail gnomes and Mike have done there over the last couple of years. In terms of progression the Leatt Skills Park has made a HUGE impact, not only for me, but for many other likeminded riders. On any given weekend you are sure to see the same smiling faces out there just doing run after run after run, mostly until the wind decides it time to end the fun.

That has translated to better riding skills on the trails elsewhere and the expected escalation of the fun factor. I am stoked to hear that the club is planning on taking this kind of riding even further.

And now to take those skills to the Hammer and do such a fantastic run just bends my mind. We are soooo blessed down here in the Cape to have access to these facilities.

Dankie!

The new addition to the Hammer trail was officially opened today, and it could not have been a better day. The jumps were perfectly groomed like a fine chocolate cake, with just the right amount of tacky grip in the morning. As the day progressed it dried out nicely and the jumps got even faster. A good bunch of guys and girls were sending that line and the stoke levels were high. All round today was a jol. Even the weather played nice with not a breath of wind making the day even more special.Ā 

The drop was conquered in short order by just about everyone. I found the landings a bit harsh and managed to whiplash my neck on the last attempt - the drop time is pretty long - but I'm sure doing it a couple more times will iron out the kinks.Ā 

Doing the run from the top of the Hammer all the way through to the end is a awesome experience, and by the time you turn out of the trail your quads are on fire from all the pumping. That line can now probably be considered a full flow line as no pedal strokes are required, yet the accumulated hang time from all the jumps is not something to scoff at.Ā 

I think it is safe to say that between Hoogekraal and Contermanskloof, these two trail networks are among the cream of the crop in South African mountain biking. Thanks to the Tygerberg Mountain Bike club for making this all possible.