SA’s most expensive bicycle

Ispeed_V

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BMW s1000R  old school now, Panigale V4 s way to go,

back top topic no one said that that K10s not allowed to race yet, disc brakes.

I love pinarello, (have F8) but for now the K10s disc is a no go, my 2c

S

Yeah I must admit the Panigale(still not sure how to pronounce it) is a looker, that front end is hot. I have yet to see one in the flesh.

Anyone know anyone who own a Cipollini "The ONE".

Possibly the most expensive bike in SA @ $21130   :eek:  :eek:

post-33594-0-85185600-1519649942_thumb.png

oh look another thread that's been discussed A million times before 

.... i need coffee before diving in 

Maybe these are expensive as a direct cost, most expensive bike in SA, TCO?

I would say my Crux, it only cost about R30k with Stages and Bogus spray jobby... but the subsequent "well you bought yourself a bike" resulted in my wife getting a new house.

oh look another thread that's been discussed A million times before 

.... i need coffee before diving in 

I blame the DA and their poor water planning strategies. 

So my Ritte Ace with Record EPS and Roval CLX 50's is available for R260,000.00 is anyone is interested.

i'm all for breaking records....

#therealcurrentmostexpensivebikeforsaleinsouthafrica

These pricing comparisons are daft. So the most expensive car in SA will buy you a good couple of houses.... we all accept it, even though the raw materials (metal, plastic, leather, carbon etc) on the car costs a fraction of what the final product does, we understand that. Bring up bicycle prices and we all suddenly want to change the yardstick. ‘Buy what you need, not what is nice to have’. Ok then? Are we all also going to drive a Toyota Etios as that has all we need in terms of transportation? We should all seriously stop being chops and let people who can afford nice things enjoy them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HEY !

I drive an Etios !!   :eek:

during the week ....

the bikes are transported on something just a little bit nicer .....  :thumbup:  :clap:   :devil: 

This figure is not entirely ludicrous for a pro cyclist. Just as member of a philharmonic orchestra can spend 2 or 300k on a flute or even more on a violin... That equipment is critical to their performance. But for an average Joe to spend that money on a push bike makes me sick

How many "top athletes" spend this type of money on a ride ?

Surely most "top athletes" are sponsored .....

Would be most interesting to know what percentage of these bikes are actually "sold" to clients ....

we all knows: What wins on Saturday sells on Monday.  Sponsors MUST get the top riders to use THEIR equipment ....

HEY !

I drive an Etios !! :eek:

during the week ....

the bikes are transported on something just a little bit nicer ..... :thumbup: :clap: :devil:

And there is nothing wrong with that. My run-around is an i10. My weekend car is also a bit nicer. In all fairness, the Q7 is way more than what I need, I just like to have a nice car. Does it mean that I need to use all 7 seats and drive it at 240km/h to ‘justify’ it? No.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Now you talking. That diavel is such a beast of a bike. I could stare at that thing all day. A diavel carbon parked next to a BMW S1000RR in my garage would make me a very happy man.

Few years back an "elderly gent" ordered a 1200GS Adventure AND a new K series ... to be placed on display in his house.

He never rode a motorcycle in his life, and had no intention of even starting either of these ... like the looks, and bought it as a display !

Not everybody buys for "functionality" ....

Still doesn't beat SA's most expensive cycling jersey... 

who i believe is a manager at a well known bike store, promised never to go there again

Archived