Cyclist murdered in Fish Hoek 13/3/18 :-(

Headshot

Just now, on Twitter...

@SAPoliceService 27m27 minutes ago

#sapsWC Two suspects were arrested for the possession of a bicycle and cellphone of a cyclist (68) that was murdered yesterday morning while he was cycling on an off-road trail in Fish Hoek. The victim was stabbed multiple times. SW

FINALLY, a post I could really LIKE without reservations. :thumbup:

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, on Twitter...

@SAPoliceService 27m27 minutes ago

#sapsWC Two suspects were arrested for the possession of a bicycle and cellphone of a cyclist (68) that was murdered yesterday morning while he was cycling on an off-road trail in Fish Hoek. The victim was stabbed multiple times. SW

Fantastic

Just imagine if there was still a death sentence...at least one less scumbag to terrorize innocent people

But no, lets lock the f..kers up with their other buddies for a few years so they can carry on like idjits behind bars waiting for the day they get released..

bah f..king humbug

yes i had a *** day...again

Just for the record to avoid any confusion.  I am not debating if the death sentence is a suitable punishment for murder. That is a debate for another thread. I am saying that at the current moment I do not think the death sentence will be a deterent for these perps at the moment.  Go look at the video posted last week of the guys who tried to rob a cash-in-transit van and the one that got shot in front of the kindergarten.  That guy was not scared of dying.  Half these oaks drink stuff that they think makes them invincible. The last thing they worry about is the consequence of being caught.

PS. I am glad that suspects have been arrested.  Lets hope for enough evidence for a conviction and then for a propper sentence.

fine, we can agree to disagree then..........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure thing, I have more than enough factual information and real life experiences to know that you are just flat out wrong.

The only way forward me thinks, is to arm and train oneself.

We had an incident in kempton park that this time turned out for the better for us.

But it has led to one of us deciding to be armed and trained and carry snake shot.

In the event of anything it will clearly not point to attempted murder but rather self defence.

We can all chat about socio economic extenuating circumstances but at the end of the day us working class citizens need to stay alive to keep the chains of this corrupt machine well oiled.

Man, this pisses me off! And a reason my bikes are largely parked up these days. I admit I am a bit of a bangbroek cycling alone as I get older. Have started paddling. The fekkers have yet to swim out and mug me while kayaking.

Am so angry that one cannot cycle peacefully on ones own. I am not one for large groups, preferring to just chuck it all in. Then the buggars have won I guess. RIP Rider.

Edited by Spokey

Sure thing, I have more than enough factual information and real life experiences to know that you are just flat out wrong.*

*in your obviously humble opinion

The reality for me after the hikers were murdered was that I should more than likely look at getting some form of self defence aid for when I ride. The best tool was the cheapest one at R200 an expandable batton. This iss by no means my call to arms and an opportunity to fight rather than hand over my bike. But if the intention is to harm me, at least I improve my chances of survival R1000 buys a realistic looking pellet gun that puts a healthy distance between you and an attacker. The pepper spray thing is too hit and miss. I know its a bit of a Donald Trump approach but may just be the difference in an altercation and I do feel a smidgen safer.

If you've had any form of formal self defence training you'd pick a knife over a gun in close-quarters everytime. I mean this in a nice way, go do a crash course on krav magra and learn to defence yourself WITH yourself, not with a mechanical ballistics weapon, except a proper can of direct stream pepper spray. For those that have never touched a bottle, don't comment on pepper spray, but those that have used and felt a max rated capsicum can before will know it is a powerful and instant deterrent.

seems like we need to start riding armed. 

WAY ahead of you... I'd suggest doing the same asap

Well I lived in SA up until three years ago and am very well aware of the effectiveness of the SAPS service.  I am very well aware of how these crooks manipulate the justice systems. 

If you could please tell me how the death sentence is going to prevent what is happening now if the perps is not going to get caught in the first place.  For someone to be sentenced to death by a court (i assume that is what you mean with the death sentence and not just mob justice death sentence), he actually needs to be caught by police of some sort.  Then he needs to be tried in a court which normally would require some sort of forensic evidence (police work in case you missed it) and propper state prosecutors and then get sentenced.  That is where the problem is and until then it does not matter where I live, in SA this is going to continue.

Things have gotten exponentially worse every year in the last 3 years. Others opinions might differ, but I've certainly had to cut new areas out of my transport/cycling routes due to escalated violent crime.

*in your obviously humble opinion

This is part of what I do every day, for a living, I work with victims, I work with researchers, I have written stuff presented to the police portfolio committee, I work with SAPS and community groups on the ground, I train private citizens and SAPS members, and I study crime scenes and acts of violence, I’ve been doing so for a few years.

I’m not going to pretend that I don’t know what I’m talking about.

Edited by The Ghost

Man, this pisses me off! And a reason my bikes are largely parked up these days. I admit I am a bit of a bangbroek cycling alone as I get older. Have started paddling. The fekkers have yet to swim out and mug me while kayaking.

Am so angry that one cannot cycle peacefully on ones own. I am not one for large groups, preferring to just chuck it all in. Then the buggars have won I guess. RIP Rider.

I am in the same boat (pun intended) and had the same realization re. the difference i.t.o. safety with paddling vs cycling. 

I am in the same boat (pun intended) and had the same realization re. the difference i.t.o. safety with paddling vs cycling. 

..Except for the "land invader" Orcas which prowl around......... :)

Fantastic

Just imagine if there was still a death sentence...at least one less scumbag to terrorize innocent people

They were arrested for possession of stolen property :eek:

You wanting to hang people for petty crimes now ? :whistling: