• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, dasilvarsa said:

Honestly

I'm a Tubeless User

I've Never Managed to Completely Finish a Tubeless Tyre on Sealant. (Road or MTB)

After the First Puncture it's not a Tubeless Tyre Any More.

Even the Small Thorn Punctures Eventually Start Leaking.

To Completely Finish off a Tyre I need to put in a Tube.

Which sort of defeats the Objective.

Pirelli Cinturatos, first set did 7500 km before I retired them, bald, lots of little cuts, but no leaks.

Current set on 4500km, I've just recently has to patch the rear from the inside, it seems to be holding. But looking at the tread I dont think this one will make it to 7500km before being bald. Maybe I'm putting down more watts.

The solution (oops another pun) is marching sealant to the tyre tpi. High tpi tyres are hard to seal because the plugging material want have a lot of rubber to assist with the sealing. Lower too tyres have some self sealing ability as the higher amount of rubber assisted with sealing and there’s less thread to rip open. 
In this regard the cheaper tyres are probably better in the tubeless application 

20 minutes ago, Dexter-morgan said:

Did you guys see, Cycle lab has a special on GP5000 Tubeless 700x 25c for R750 each

are they the newer Hookless version that meet with ENVE, Zipp, Cadex and a host of others minimum standards?

i know the first lot failed on all of those with safety concerns

20 minutes ago, Dexter-morgan said:

Did you guys see, Cycle lab has a special on GP5000 Tubeless 700x 25c for R750 each

Delivered this morning
Also got some Orange Seal from @Lanoy Sports for when I do swap them out on my wife's bike

3 minutes ago, Furbz said:

are they the newer Hookless version that meet with ENVE, Zipp, Cadex and a host of others minimum standards?

i know the first lot failed on all of those with safety concerns

No, these are the ordinary or 1st gen tubeless (TL)

But it looks like Evo Bikes has the hookless compatible version: S TR
https://evobikes.co.za/product/continental-grand-prix-5000-s-tr-700-x-25c-folding-tyre/

Edited by splat

Just now, splat said:

No, these are the ordinary or 1st gen tubeless (TL)

Thanks for the heads-up, will be using them with Tubes on my wife's bike, still a bargain at 750

14 minutes ago, Thomo said:

Pity no 28mm for us comfort riders. 🙈

No, hence them going on my wife's bike.

I have the Pirelli Cinturato 28's on my bike

34 minutes ago, Thomo said:

Pity no 28mm for us comfort riders. 🙈

nothing to do with being a comfort rider, I know very very competitive riders that run 28mm. I've been looking for a set for months, not available anywhere so I'll settle for 25mm :( 

I'm currently running a 28mm rear and 25mm front but my 28 is getting old...

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, Furbz said:

I have some 28mm Goodyears in stock

'Are you gonna dance with your hand on my ass all night or are you gonna make a move?' (quote from a movie)

Are you gonna tell us about your stock are are you gonna tell us how much money, honey? @Furbz 😄

• 2 weeks later...