Gravel bikes - what do you have and where did you buy it?

Myth

Complete… for now !

still not 100% happy with the DIY chainrings I’ll see overtime if power readings are consistent or not, I may have a lead on overside inner chainrings (42/44T) but they have a queue and won’t have until end of jan.

next thing is probably moving my GX Axs from the mtb to this bike (and put xtr back on the mtb), will need to order rival shifters for that ! So it will wait !

64BA4F9E-2EDA-4462-9B66-9F27A9770BFB.jpeg

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Jbr said:

Complete… for now !

still not 100% happy with the DIY chainrings I’ll see overtime if power readings are consistent or not, I may have a lead on overside inner chainrings (42/44T) but they have a queue and won’t have until end of jan.

next thing is probably moving my GX Axs from the mtb to this bike (and put xtr back on the mtb), will need to order rival shifters for that ! So it will wait !

64BA4F9E-2EDA-4462-9B66-9F27A9770BFB.jpeg

That came out really nicely
What does it weigh ?

13 minutes ago, splat said:

That came out really nicely
What does it weigh ?

8.7kg

I ended up upgrading/gaining weight on :

- bars (trifox)

- seatpost (trifox)

- saddle (Sele italia SLR, same as on my road bike)

- wheels (Lun)

- xcadey crank

Most of it on BF deals so at reasonnable price. I've put back on the adapted 42T APEX chainring that weighs 3 times the inner ultegra 39T that I had on temporarily, so maybe a little bit of weight to gain there.

Edited by Jbr

10 minutes ago, Jbr said:

8.7kg

I ended up upgrading/gaining weight on :

- bars (trifox)

- seatpost (trifox)

- saddle (Sele italia SLR, same as on my road bike)

- wheels (Lun)

- xcadey crank

Most of it on BF deals so at reasonnable price. I've put back on the adapted 42T APEX chainring that weighs 3 times the inner ultegra 39T that I had on temporarily, so maybe a little bit of weight to gain there.

Wow. That's slinky!
Nice work 👌

15 hours ago, Wyatt Earp said:

Silverback Siablo 

Deda gravel bar and Deda tape, San Marco saddle.

Pirelli Centurato.

Otherwise standard.

Got it from Craft Cycles in Sunninghill.

7ACE92B1-BB82-43BC-BD40-41DB210487F2.jpeg

What size tires can you run on this ?

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Charity85 said:

Joined the dark side, sold the MTB and I have to say I'm very pleasantly suprised.

Momsen.jpg

4 minutes ago, capediver said:

Tell us more about the bike!!

Momsen R355 One (https://momsenbikes.com/2020-archive/r355-one/). Absolutely in love with the colour scheme, also conveniently colour matches my current bikepacking bags. As with my previous Norco Revolver, gona now start doing small upgrades here and there to suit my needs, for now only upgraded the tires Maxxis Rambler 45c, and stuck my carbon aerobars on. Next item I rate will be a carbon / suspension seatpost

30 minutes ago, Charity85 said:

Momsen R355 One (https://momsenbikes.com/2020-archive/r355-one/). Absolutely in love with the colour scheme, also conveniently colour matches my current bikepacking bags. As with my previous Norco Revolver, gona now start doing small upgrades here and there to suit my needs, for now only upgraded the tires Maxxis Rambler 45c, and stuck my carbon aerobars on. Next item I rate will be a carbon / suspension seatpost

Nice! Can't tell from the pic but may I suggest a dropper post...that 27.2 seatpost will work...and there is a solution for a remote to the dropbars

2 minutes ago, capediver said:

Nice! Can't tell from the pic but may I suggest a dropper post...that 27.2 seatpost will work...and there is a solution for a remote to the dropbars

Interesting idea, I know my frame has routing for it if I am correct, will keep an eye out on the hub for options. I assume a dropper makes downhills alot less scary.

10 minutes ago, Charity85 said:

Interesting idea, I know my frame has routing for it if I am correct, will keep an eye out on the hub for options. I assume a dropper makes downhills alot less scary.

Oh yeah, a lot ! So you will need the Easton AX Dropper remote for drop bars, works a charm!

https://eastcitycycles.com/products/post-remote-underhood-dual-pull-ax-lever?variant=41810807947425

Check it out here @ 3:27

Edited by capediver

• 3 weeks later...