The "I need something you might throw away" thread

Kalahari Vegmot

Hey guys, I am looking for a set of Shimano 10 speed road shifters that are in good working condition

I am also looking for a Shimano 9 speed MTB rear derailleur that is in good working order if anyone has anything lying around gathering dust?

Willing to pay for them obviously.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, I am looking for a set of Shimano 10 speed road shifters that are in good working condition

I am also looking for a Shimano 9 speed MTB rear derailleur that is in good working order if anyone has anything lying around gathering dust?

Willing to pay for them obviously.

I got an old 9 speed RD for you.  Shimano XT RD-M770.

Neutral position on the large (easy) gear.  PM me if interested.

Edited by TheoG

Looking for a 700mm +- bar and 60mm to 80mm stem please. Something with a rise will be great. 

Converting my IDT from road to a more MTB setup. My shoulders can't deal with this road bar vibe.

Looking for a 700mm +- bar and 60mm to 80mm stem please. Something with a rise will be great. 

Converting my IDT from road to a more MTB setup. My shoulders can't deal with this road bar vibe.

I have a 80mm stem for you.

I think I have a bar for you. Will confirm later...

I have a Easton handle bar, 680mm, 30mm rise, 35mm clamp.  Not going to use it again, you can have it for free if interested.  Few little scratches, still in good condition.

Only have 2 long stems (110 & 120) and neither are 35mm clamp.

Edited by TheoG

This helped me on the IDT ..

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20210118-160828_Gallery.jpg

Definitely something I'll go on the hunt for at the end of the three months of January. 

So far I managed to get a 710mm bar from ridr which made a huge difference. I already feel like the bike fits me a lot better. Hopefully I can stop aggravating the bicipital tendonitis in my left shoulder now. 

I have a Ryder wireless clock which I recently took off my old bike. I now ride with my GPS watch and have no use for it. It is in perfect working condition with the original box and user manual.

If someone needs it, I am based in Roodepoort. Just come and collect.

I need a baseplate extension for a towbar please. 

Ideal would be 12cm to 15cm. 

Does anyone JHB based perhaps have one that isn't being used? 

Happy to pay for it. 

post-22685-0-81434600-1611057039_thumb.jpg