Karoo to Coast

Marichen

This is the reply I got from them...

Hi Sias

Yes, you can use the permanent RaceTec MTB board that you used at Barberton. You will receive a new event sticker and seeding sticker to apply to the designated areas on the board. You will also receive cable ties in your Karoo 2 Coast Race Pack that you need to collect at the number collection venue.

Regards, 

You can then probably use your chip as normal. They will probably give you a temporary board that you must give back at the end of the race...

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody else feels the preparation is just not going this year? Just cant seem to get the engine properly started. Done some Core/Strength work and a few really hard 60odd kilos rides. Thats it.

Mentally just not there

Going to be a suffersfest.

Yeah me too, weight is not where it supposed to be and since may i have not a 50+ km ride...i am seriously contemplating not pitching up anymore.

This is the reply I got from them...

Hi Sias

Yes, you can use the permanent RaceTec MTB board that you used at Barberton. You will receive a new event sticker and seeding sticker to apply to the designated areas on the board. You will also receive cable ties in your Karoo 2 Coast Race Pack that you need to collect at the number collection venue.

Regards, 

You can then probably use your chip as normal. They will probably give you a temporary board that you must give back at the end of the race...

I asked this question last year and they told me the chip and the board are separate technology and not compatible. I.e If they using the timing board then the chip will not work

I asked this question last year and they told me the chip and the board are separate technology and not compatible. I.e If they using the timing board then the chip will not work

That is my understanding too, as they need the mat on the ground to pick up the chip, while with the board they use the boards to pick up the finishers.

Anybody else feels the preparation is just not going this year? Just cant seem to get the engine properly started. Done some Core/Strength work and a few really hard 60odd kilos rides. Thats it.

Mentally just not there

Going to be a suffersfest.

Yeah me too, weight is not where it supposed to be and since may i have not a 50+ km ride...i am seriously contemplating not pitching up anymore.

My "training" amounts to one trip to Chappies and back from Cape Town stadium, and on Saturday a lap over Hoogekraal (I blame the table tops at the skills park), including Welvergenoegd. I suffered big time on that last ride. Even my gym sessions have been lacking of late, and I am properly undercooked for this event.

But, I am definitely not skipping out. I will suffer up and over those hills, but ride it I will.

I foresee some Thabata sessions over the next two weeks thrown in with at least 20 hours on the spin bike.

I aim to ride with what I have on the day.

It will be my first time riding it so not going to be a race for me going to enjoy the water points, pack enough munchies do it at a comfortable pace and just enjoy it would like to do it under 6hours so no fireworks.

My longest race/ride was the 50miler and have done a couple of 50-80km rides have not been on the bike past 2 weeks as I was sick so just going to ease into it the weekend.

I am more concerned about my rear than my legs.????

Edited by Me rida my bicycle

It will be my first time riding it so not going to be a race for me going to enjoy the water points, pack enough munchies do it at a cumfortable pace and just enjoy it would like to do it under 6hours so no fireworks.

My longest race/ride was the 50miler and have done a couple of 50-80km rides have not been on the bike past 2 weeks as I was sick so just going to ease into it the weekend.

I am more concerned about my rear than my legs.

just don't get too cumfortable...

Not a good year. Dropped out of Around the Pot 100miler and Trans Baviaans due to injury. Now k2c with the flu

Edited by Boerklong

Well still a while to go, I wonder if they would cancel the race in the event of such a cold snap?  Seeing that it would make everything more dangerous.

Luckily the long term forecast is expecting nice comfortable weather

Edit: To late to take out event insurance?

Edited by LeoKnight