Karoo to Coast

Marichen

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jip, I'll also keep left! I haven't done any big races I can think of. Did the CTCT 40km MTB event and the Knysna MTB 80km, but it took me just over 5 hours to complete..so I have no idea how I could be seeded in batch A.

Oh I see now.. Checked the Racetec website. They used the Worcester Rotary MTB event as my seeding. That race claimed to by 77km, but in reality it was only 70km, and minimal climbing, so it shows I rode an average speed of almost 23kmh which isn't true! I definitely shouldn't be in A!!

Oh I see now.. Checked the Racetec website. They used the Worcester Rotary MTB event as my seeding. That race claimed to by 77km, but in reality it was only 70km, and minimal climbing, so it shows I rode an average speed of almost 23kmh which isn't true! I definitely shouldn't be in A!!

You should check your index number for the Worcester event and not your average speed. 

Anyone know of any accommodation that is still available in Uniondale for the Saturday night? 

CAMPING on the Showgrounds.

Lekker vibe

I definitely shouldn't be in A!!

Sorry if I offend anyone that is somehow not in A, but don't be under the illusion that group A is filled with 100s of super elite athletes. It only takes one or 2 half decent results to be seeded there. Just watch next saturday how many A riders walk up the ou wapad...

MTB seeding is a joke really. Last year Sani I was seeded J batch. I enquired with the lady and she said that if my partner had a better teammate he wouldve been in B. hahahah 

On day 2 we started in A.

MTB seeding is a joke really. Last year Sani I was seeded J batch. I enquired with the lady and she said that if my partner had a better teammate he wouldve been in B. hahahah

On day 2 we started in A.

#fynbrag

Wayne I see the OPEN clocked a sub-20 min Montagu... On a 8kg bike (if you ride that one...) you might be waiting for the rest of the A bunch at the top :-) 

the Open is still "fat"  and will be down to 7.6kgs by the end of the month but it will still have me on it

How far is it form the start to the start of the climb?

It is not far, BUT 500m from the start you go up a short bleed through your eyes speedbump, followed by another 2. So in the first 1km you are toast trying to stick with the racing snakes. Then if you are slow out of the blocks you sit in a traffic jam with the bozos that can't cycle.

I don't know what to compare this race to: Barberton? Cratercruise? One of the stages of the S2C? Sabie?