[Event] 2019 KAP sani2c Adventure

Maryann

Whatever you do dont do the Chicken Run, much longer and still a hell of a lot of climbing.

Was about to say the same.

Iconic done previous year.  2018 Did the chicken run to have a go at the Strava.  It is a LOT slower and just as bad as Iconic gradient wise.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was about to say the same.

Iconic done previous year.  2018 Did the chicken run to have a go at the Strava.  It is a LOT slower and just as bad as Iconic gradient wise.

EXACTLY what they said.

Doing Iconic this year, on or off the bike.

Thanks for the tip guys! 

How much do you really need a GPS on the bike (and on both bikes?) for route navigation? I have the Polar V650 and for the places we ride up here I barely use the navigation and the times I've tried using it I could barely make out the route anyway...

We generally just use our watches to track the route, heart rate and for Strava etc. so do we really need more? 

• 1 month later...

Getting there. Lots of work stress to overcome the next 2 days, maybe Monday morning I will be really excited.

Thanks for the tip guys! 

How much do you really need a GPS on the bike (and on both bikes?) for route navigation? I have the Polar V650 and for the places we ride up here I barely use the navigation and the times I've tried using it I could barely make out the route anyway...

We generally just use our watches to track the route, heart rate and for Strava etc. so do we really need more? 

Been riding Sani for the past 3 years and you don't need a GPS.  Plenty other riders to follow

So with just a couple of days to go, is anyone else as pumped as I am?

Not doing it this year after 4 in a row.

I am starting to get very jealous  :mellow:

I cannot wait!

I see we'll be having great weather!

Great riding, great beers, great people and great weather! What more can we ask for!?

Heads up guys, there was a lot of rain up there the last day has quite a bit of mud.

I have done two sanis where we have had rain on day 3. Hopefully this one will be a dry one.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, was a stellar race. Ran smoothly (except for my legs deciding, that the last 50m or so of Haaibo2 was better suited to walking)

And on the last day, before Clint's climb, on the fast forestry road, a dude decided to pass left, clipped handlebars, and went down like a sack of potatoes. I almost rode over him with my bike, and had to brake hard, and eventually went down on my left shoulder.

Gathered myself and carried on. 

Catching up with Dexter Morgan was lekker. 

Edited by RocknRolla

Yeah, was a stellar race. Ran smoothly (except for my legs deciding, that the last 50m or so of Haaibo2 was better suited to walking)

And on the last day, before Clint's climb, on the fast forestry road, a dude decided to pass left, clipped handlebars, and went down like a sack of potatoes. I almost rode over him with my bike, and had to brake hard, and eventually went down on my left shoulder.

Gathered myself and carried on.

Catching up with Dexter Morgan was lekker.

Haibo 1&2 were much harder this year with the Forrest having been chopped down. Could see the top making the climb harder

Haibo 1&2 were much harder this year with the Forrest having been chopped down. Could see the top making the climb harder

And hotter!