Cape Epic 2019

AllAboutRides

I see that even more money is being pumped into the famous Plum Pudding trail for the prologue. R80k was spent in this area in October/November last year and now its getting a further buffing. This section of trail is hands down the most expensive piece of MTB real estate there is. And its a hiking trail too. 

Priorities, priorities. 

it was very rideable as Theo shows the best lines here last year

https://www.facebook.com/rushsportscycling/videos/2024679100905756/

this link works directly to le book

https://www.facebook.com/rushsportscycling/videos/2024679100905756/

Edited by juan pelota

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

His temper tantrums when the chips are down are well documented.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Oh ok, I see. Then I guess that means that Novak Djokovic, Zinedine Zidane, Cristiano Ronaldo, and countless others, are mentally weak people with mental issues.

I know about the incident with Anton Cooper, what other ones were there? Keen to look them up.

Edited by HDW

I see that even more money is being pumped into the famous Plum Pudding trail for the prologue. R80k was spent in this area in October/November last year and now its getting a further buffing. This section of trail is hands down the most expensive piece of MTB real estate there is. And its a hiking trail too. 

Priorities, priorities. 

Seriously??

Its a piece of cake to ride even on a bad day long after the plums have turned to plum wine

Well, we did not really know who Howards Grotts was when he arrived here last here, and they ended up winning.

It's gonna be a tough race up front, there's good teams. Hopefully everybody will stay healthy so we can see a honest races amongst the top guys.

Well, we did not really know who Howards Grotts was when he arrived here last here, and they ended up winning.

It's gonna be a tough race up front, there's good teams. Hopefully everybody will stay healthy so we can see a honest races amongst the top guys.

How did you not know who Howard Grotts was before he rode epic last year? he has done multiple epics, won the US national jersey multiple times, represented them at the Olympics etc. And he has been part of the specialized racing team for quite some time as well... 

He was a very well known mountain biker before he won epic last year...

How did you not know who Howard Grotts was before he rode epic last year? he has done multiple epics, won the US national jersey multiple times, represented them at the Olympics etc. And he has been part of the specialized racing team for quite some time as well... 

He was a very well known mountain biker before he won epic last year...

not totally, I would say he was on the B-list before winning last year.

He's only done 2 epics, in 2017 he was backup to jaro/susi and was 90 minutes back in 17th place when his partner pulled out on stage 6 - finished as an outcast. that's quite a jump to winning the next year.

not totally, I would say he was on the B-list before winning last year.

He's only done 2 epics, in 2017 he was backup to jaro/susi and was 90 minutes back in 17th place when his partner pulled out on stage 6 - finished as an outcast. that's quite a jump to winning the next year.

statisically its a bit of a jump yes but the underlying "quality" was there in 2017. He just had a weaker partner then. Lies , damn lies and statistics.....

Really? Like what?

What you mean like what? The guy's *** attitude and what ever goes on in his head is his biggest enemy

I see Gaze took the songo race last night with Nino 2nd

cant do anything wrong at the moment  :ph34r:

1) Cannondale FR - Anavcini & Fumic

2) Songo - Coolhavy & Gaze

3) Scott - Schurter & andri

Ladies will be dominated by Anika & Van der breggen. 

I see its Schurter and Lars Forster riding together

Want to watch Epic next Wed in Grabouw(Stage 3) I see the 1st water point is near Nuweberg .Is that near the Canopy tour where they had it before?Any other good spots to watch?

Anybody have any idea how the extra 1km on the prlogue is gonna work through Deer Park?

Looks like we are riding up Tecky!

Tom

Is there going to be any live streaming of the race (not just the finish)?  And/or highlights available on the web?

I'm not in SA and don't have access to SA television services...