Cape Epic 2019

AllAboutRides

was checking out the new Silverback Stratos. Interesting design but not sure if it will fit a 750ml bottle on the down tube in medium and small. Maybe 2x500ml bottles is enough for a smaller rider?

Also those seat stays are super thin!

Mani and Henry's Scalpels are Be youuuuuu teeaaaa fulll.

Had a chin wag with the Scott SRAM boys  as well. One of the advantages they have considered is the rapid change out of derailleur should the rider break one  and the mechs recon they saving about an hour on gearing tune ups because they don't need to remove and clean out gear cable housings. They can focus on the important stuff like keeping the suspension and brakes working flawless.

Darn good salesmen

1x750ml bottle on the downtube

1x 500ml bottle on the seat tube.

Some interesting technology on that frame.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did i just see some ladies cut the course?

That might come back to bite them at the end of the stage..cutting those S-bends you definitely score around 30 secs.

Yep, didn't even know KE ran a downhill technical clinic. 

They certainly did. I remember Kevin Evans getting a time penalty a few years back for doing so on the prologue, surely the rules should be the same?

Too much "technical training" with the enduro hikers!

Hopefully they won't now fall off the bike while trying to drink from their water bottles considering their new skillset they should have acquired.

One of our mates is riding with her Dad - Peaceforce.  Think she's also the youngest lady in the field at 19 - hope they do well, but I reckon this is a little different to the regular Spur school races she was doing last year.....

Fumic and Avancini using the backpacks to miss out on one of the waterpoints and put pressure on Scott-Sram?

Didn't make the most of that opportunity though...

Fumic not looking too hot...Any lifting of the pace and a gap of 10m opens up...

Aaw.. i had to work.. who cut the course?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Archived