[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2019

Warren Lew

Takealot voucher will only be any good if it's your first ever purchase there.

Dream goodie bag? -- within reason of course ...

I'd like a nice pair of socks like the red nissan ones I got at a trailseeker last year or maybe a little packet of biltong or droewors ... a buff - one can never have too many buffs .... 

A voucher at either Takealot or Bikealot?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Soooooooo,

Any guesses what's in the "goodie bags"??

I'll start, An expired Living Life/Garden & Home Magazine. Packet of Oats/Futurelife. A million flyers(Zero cycling related). Water Bottle. Sachet of Feep Heat and Sachet of Sun block...

Anything I've missed??

Just hope they have a better water bottle than last year

Just hope they have a better water bottle than last year

What is with the fascination for a goodie bag? I have never taken one for a number of years. Damn you pay for the event organisation and not the goodie bag, for that matter the medal is also a waste of time at the end.

What is with the fascination for a goodie bag? I have never taken one for a number of years. Damn you pay for the event organisation and not the goodie bag, for that matter the medal is also a waste of time at the end.

Well aren't you a ray of sunshine ......

Lol

Sent from my SM-A605F using Tapatalk

Soooooooo,

Any guesses what's in the "goodie bags"??

I'll start, An expired Living Life/Garden & Home Magazine. Packet of Oats/Futurelife. A million flyers(Zero cycling related). Water Bottle. Sachet of Feep Heat and Sachet of Sun block...

Anything I've missed??

...... It beats the years of recycled Bicycling magazines with recycled articles, sachets of veep bikini area hair removal cream and Mikes Kitchen vouchers

I guess you missed the first line... "it's the same event"

By charging again they are making it two events and I have a problem with that in principle

So basically by this logic, the fastest group and the slowest group should all pay, the rest of us should be able to do it for free?

I mean the marshalls will be there the same time, the roads will be open the same length of time etc.....

Nah. Numbers, liability, insurance and probability. If you have a heart attack or bad crash on the second lap, they are still the event organisers and you are still just as big a drain on the emergency response and medical guys.

The insurance legalities are probably hugely stipulated, especially with that many people. 

The jellyfish on bikes are a nightmare and you will have to negotiate absolute palookas. If you got taken out on lap two who is liable? 

Edited by Jewbacca

The goody bag comments... the weirdest thing I've yet had in a bag is a bottle of hair-dye shampoo.. some obscure German stuff. Like.. what?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Ag it is a hub argus tradition. Can't wait for the posts on Monday on how okes on their mtb's (WITH KNOBBLIES!!) kicked roadie ass on their way to their sub-5..

Ag it is a hub argus tradition. Can't wait for the posts on Monday on how okes on their mtb's (WITH KNOBBLIES!!) kicked roadie ass on their way to their sub-5..

Spot on... Its a topic brought up every year, I just thought I'd start it again this year..

For some, like my son doing his first CTCT at the tender age of 13 and having worked his ass off the past year to make sure he is fit enough, that medal means everything!

Nothing wrong with a medal, I love getting mine at the end of even the smallest race - for a 13 year old kid that medal is going to a source of pride back at school.

29er dual suspension with 1x12 setup and knobblies

If it's overly windy I'm on my mtb and I will make sure I'm the first to brag about how I stopped for coffee and breakfast and still did a sub 5 - I'll probably be lying but dibs on the story