[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2019

Warren Lew

Been a couple of years since i did the CTCT, but can someone please explain what this number board is that we are supposed to fit to our handlebars. (According to the CTCT web site on chute entry details) Not interested in having a MTB sized wind breaker mounted on my handlebars. 

Or have they mixed the MTB instructions on the roadie page?

As Jase said, it's really not big at all. They have done it the last 2 or 3 years. Same as DC, Maluti and probably a few other of their races.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Been a couple of years since i did the CTCT, but can someone please explain what this number board is that we are supposed to fit to our handlebars. (According to the CTCT web site on chute entry details) Not interested in having a MTB sized wind breaker mounted on my handlebars. 

Or have they mixed the MTB instructions on the roadie page?

Its either that or a dork sticker on your helmet if you want photos.

You can also attach it to your seat post and look like a pro.

But, in short its too allow you entry to your start chute along with your start card and to provide ID for your bike when in the bike park at the finish

Can I send you a pic of my back so you know who to look out for for a push up Suikerbossie, please?  :whistling:

You always have todo second lap  … thats the best part of the event  .. this year I will just help more people up the hills .. last year I was so cramping on second lap I could only help one or 2  (that is If my seeding allows)

"I might be to short to see her back so could she include her bum in the photo please?"

Asking for a friend :ph34r:

Given (a) my spectacular lack of fitness (and no amount of scooting up Helshoogte once a day is going to fix this in time), and (b) my totally undeserved good seeding, based on a short-ish MTB event, I've been forced to reconsider my position on the above.  

I'll gladly accept ANY help up ANY hill.  Will it help if I put a sign with my Hub name and a big hand on my back?  Large enough for any shorties to see, of course... :ph34r:

Its either that or a dork sticker on your helmet if you want photos.

You can also attach it to your seat post and look like a pro.

But, in short its too allow you entry to your start chute along with your start card and to provide ID for your bike when in the bike park at the finish

I haven't bothered with that sticker in probably 10 years yet they still manage to sort me out and send me the mail afterwards.

I haven't bothered with that sticker in probably 10 years yet they still manage to sort me out and send me the mail afterwards.

Magic  ;) 

Have you checked whether perhaps your tandem partner is covered in stickers?  :whistling: 

...........But, in short its too allow you entry to your start chute along with your start card and to provide ID for your bike when in the bike park at the finish

Also ID for your bike in case you crash and are ambulanced out, or if you have to pack it in and gets taken home by the sweep bus and your bike goes with a different trailer. That way you will find it, or it will find you again.

Edited by DJR

Magic  ;) 

Have you checked whether perhaps your tandem partner is covered in stickers?  :whistling: 

LOL no. Half the photos you can't even see him properly.

Will doing the tour de PPA this coming weekend have any influence on the CTCT seeding?

If so, how do I have my seeding redone?

Can you do it at the Expo when you go to collect your race number or much sooner than that?

Will doing the tour de PPA this coming weekend have any influence on the CTCT seeding?

If so, how do I have my seeding redone?

Can you do it at the Expo when you go to collect your race number or much sooner than that?

Same question, but for Ride for Sight?

If so, how do I have my seeding

redone?

I think it will only count for your seeding for the 2020 ctct

Last race to be used for this year's seeding according to ctct page was the medihelp tour de Stellenbosch

Long term weather predictions are starting to come out...

Please tell me this is a joke ...... eeeek

Anybody want to substitute LOL

Sent from my SM-A605F using Tapatalk