Intervals.icu interval detection and training tool

I’ve had a problem crop up at times with the addition of an interval. I’m using Chrome.

You press A and then the interval flashes up for a second and then vanishes. You have to move the cursor around and try multiple times. When it does insert it, in the process of resizing and without dragging edges over one another, the interval will vanish again.

Have the same thing with me on chrome too.

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately I haven't been able to reproduce the issues with editing intervals. If you guys can figure out how to reproduce the bug please drop me a mail.

I have been doing some work looking into the relationship between power and heartrate. Intervals.icu now includes a power vs HR chart for rides with power and heartrate.

post-5083-0-62403400-1556996842_thumb.png

You can use the de-coupling % on an endurance ride to figure out if you have done enough aerobic riding. But be careful because this is heavily influenced by hydration levels, temperature, time of day etc..

I am going to be adding "Power @150 bpm" as a line on the fitness chart soon.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to reproduce the issues with editing intervals. If you guys can figure out how to reproduce the bug please drop me a mail.

I will attempt to video what happens and will email it through.

Announcement I just sent to all users I have emails for:

Intervals.icu has had an influx of new users (thanks to Alex from www.fastfitness.tips) and has been hitting Strava API rate limits, causing poor performance and failure to pickup new activities automatically. 

I have asked Strava for higher limits and am implementing a queuing system for new users. With any luck this will restore performance and still allow new users to sign-up.

So what is this new Model fit and how does it work? I keep getting (bad), is there a way to inprove this? I am following a time crunched cyclist training program and it has increased my FTP. I'm not sure what to read from model fit.

That refers to the power vs HR model and isn't something you want to improve. If the model fit is bad then probably you shouldn't pay much attention to what that chart is saying. The chart and associated stats are useful for long endurance rides to help answer the question "do I need to do more aerobic training". If the model is good for a 3-4 hour endurance ride and you have high decoupling %, then supposedly you need to do more of those.

I am still working on power vs HR to build better models and hopefully decide automatically when to hide it.

I have implemented a queuing system for new users. If anyone has any problems signing up please let me know.

This should sort out the rate limit issues. Hopefully new users are still interested when they are activated!

This is where all the new users came from:

Alex from www.fastfitness.tips found Intervals.icu and really liked it.

Congrats David! Thanks for sharing the video - gives some nice insights into the features and a bit of a deeper understanding about some of your assumptions.

Thank you once again for a really awesome tool :)

Tx guys. I have (finally) managed to reproduce and fix some of the "disappearing intervals" bugs:

1. The interval detection code nukes short intervals that are also low intensity or few in number. If you only have a couple of 10s sprints in a ride it doesn't consider them intervals. This has been disabled when editing. So hitting 'A' on a low power section of your ride would often do nothing. Ditto for a high power section unless you already had some similar intervals.

2. Changing w_prime, ftp etc would lose manual interval edits. This has been fixed.

Hi David,

Thanks for this great tool. For people like me - without trainers - who just have fun analyzing their own development using the powermeter, intervals.icu is the best tool I know.

If you have any ideas for more features, I'd love to see you eventually get the training zones from Joe Friels (https://www.joefrielsblog.com/2015/12/managing-training-using-tsb.html ) could deposit in the fitness area.

Thank you again for this cool tool and please continue.

Best regards

Michael