Which vehicle fits 29er MTB inside?

duanelr

Volvo XC60. Nice wide square convenient load box and one of the finest vehicles I have ever owned.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Volvo XC60. Nice wide square convenient load box and one of the finest vehicles I have ever owned.

new one or previous generation?

New one has even more usable space.

XC90 with seats down will probably swallow the bike without taking wheels off.

new one or previous generation?

New one has even more usable space.

XC90 with seats down will probably swallow the bike without taking wheels off.

Previous generation.

XC90 is overkill and awesome ????

The XC60 with seats down swallowed a medium mtb/large road bike whole. Large mtb was a squeeze.

Previous generation.

XC90 is overkill and awesome [emoji16]

The XC60 with seats down swallowed a medium mtb/large road bike whole. Large mtb was a squeeze.

XC40 will probably also easily fit a MTB in.

I used to get my Large 29er into the back of the Jazz with the front wheel off, not sure about 2 though.

basically turned them upside down on the seat and handlebars

Was for the Porcupine Ridge race and my car was in being fixed 

I was toying with the idea of building a platform that can take two thru-axles with one of the two seats down the bike would be mounted upright leaving enough room on the side for luggage.

It is almost the same idea as Alex from the Singletrack sampler youtube channel. I would just remove both wheels and not have it on rails.

Now, this is a true enthusiast. Someone who actually chooses a car around mtbing.

My personal opinion. Choose the car you want (forget whether it will fit a bike or not), then buy a good bike rack with a lock and make sure your bike is properly ensured against theft and other damage.

Edited by Longbarn Killer

Now, this is a true enthusiast. Someone who actually chooses a car around mtbing.

My personal opinion. Choose the car you want (forget whether it will fit a bike or not), then buy a good bike rack.

As I understand and read the first post, the owner is concerned about having his bike stolen off a bike rack, hence the question about fitting bikes inside a vehicle.

Best idea is probably to take your bike along to the dealership and test the loading and unloading on the prospective vehicles.

That way you have first hand experience of how much work it is to load it inside, instead of everybody just telling you that it can be done in their car. Still waiting for the guy/girl with the i10 to chip in...

I always find a way to load as much of the bike as possible inside the vehicle when taking it to an event or on holiday, brings allot of peace while driving and when we are chilling at the One-Stop.

Bolt cutters can get through allot of the bike locks on the market, and don't mention padlocks, even beginners can get through them in 10s.