Which vehicle fits 29er MTB inside?

duanelr

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It depends it depends!

If it's your only requirement, then just get a panel van.

If you're only doing it because you're worried about your bike getting stolen at a race, then just getting a bigger lock will be a way more simpler and affordable exercise.

I know someone who used to go to loads of races in her fiat500.

Two of them would just put bikes on one of those racks that clips onto the boot.

Which is funny, because the sort of predecessor to the Fiat 500 (successor to the uno)

had this advert

It depends it depends!

If you're only doing it because you're worried about your bike getting stolen at a race, then just getting a bigger lock will be a way more simpler and affordable exercise.

Two of them would just put bikes on one of those racks that clips onto the boot.

Which is funny, because the sort of predecessor to the Fiat 500 (successor to the uno)

had this advert

Hubber....

Nissan pathfinder ...Dropper seat down front wheel removed piece of pool noodle over the front axle ..fold down middle seat.Rolls right in I don't even use my towbar mount bike racks anymore

Still has to be a double cab. Messy bikes in the back and no where near your seats, nothing to fold down, mud stays locked away along with sand from the beach, smelly dogs & the rest. Fit  3 or 4 bikes standing with the canopy on (also lockable and can add a chain through the various mounts if you're worried), whip it off and shuttle a crew up the track & at the end of the day just hose it out and start again. 

http://forums.mtbr.com/attachments/cars-bike-racks/724421d1347863420-tacoma-shell-transport-issue-2012-08-07-14.07.41.jpg

Basically you can fit anything into anything TBH. I've put a 27.5 into a Lotus Elise. It wasn't pretty and the ride wasn't the best but it got me to where I needed to go. 

It depends it depends!

had this advert

The rider in this pic is a hubber. Well, was... Grey_Owl. Then Grey_Owl 2.0

OP, do you only care about vehicles that fit a 29er, presumably a large, as long as you can keep the back wheel on?

I have a Peugeot 308 Gti and I managed to get 2 mtb's (1 large and 1 medium) on the back seat by taking both wheels off and putting them upside down.

Transported them to East London from Joburg without issue.

Still has to be a double cab. Messy bikes in the back and no where near your seats, nothing to fold down, mud stays locked away along with sand from the beach, smelly dogs & the rest. Fit  3 or 4 bikes standing with the canopy on (also lockable and can add a chain through the various mounts if you're worried), whip it off and shuttle a crew up the track & at the end of the day just hose it out and start again. 

http://forums.mtbr.com/attachments/cars-bike-racks/724421d1347863420-tacoma-shell-transport-issue-2012-08-07-14.07.41.jpg

Basically you can fit anything into anything TBH. I've put a 27.5 into a Lotus Elise. It wasn't pretty and the ride wasn't the best but it got me to where I needed to go. 

Like what you have done here, what DC is this - assume it will work with all/most.  I must do/get this, does Thule not sell this kind of thing also...

Golf7 GTI Folded Seats. Front wheel off

I managed it in my golf without removing wheels. Rear seats folded down, front passenger seat moved forward and backrest tilted forward. Saw this on a You Tube review of the Gti (needless to say i bought it). A bit of a hack moving the seats like that, but at least your bike is safe inside the car. Make sure you have great tunes as no space in the car for anyone to chat to....... 

Caddy maxi crewbus, 3 leftys and thats p.t to take front wheels off. so it swallows it whole like my Lab does with 5 Beeno biscuits.