Which vehicle fits 29er MTB inside?

duanelr

A Pyga 110 fits into a Forester without taking the wheels off.

If you take both wheels off, the Pyga, plus an Anthem and three cooler boxes can fit in the back of a Corsa lite.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably useless information but I could fit 2 Momsen AL329's with wheels removed, plus camping gear, clothing and everything else needed for a weekends camping into the back of a VW Polo Vivo.

So basically, if you are willing to remove both wheels i reckon the bike could fit into any car.

P.S: even built a motorbike rack but that's for my 650B.......

• 3 weeks later...

Those with the VW Caddy - how do you "Secure" the bike inside the Caddy ?  How would you secure two MTB's ?

Anybody using a Hyundai H1 ?  How do you secure your bikes in the H1 ?

Caddy seems so much more practical .... better fuel consumption ....

But MAN, that H1 is such a nice wagon !!  can get a H1 with 14000km on for the same price as a new Caddy (both in automatic)

but I do a fair amount of kilos ... and the H1 may become thirsty ....

H1, if it’s the multi cab (I.e. the 6 seater and not the 9) I’ve seen guys mount the same quick release clamps that get used for trailer top bike mounts. The front wheel comes off and the bike is clamped.

H1, if it’s the multi cab (I.e. the 6 seater and not the 9) I’ve seen guys mount the same quick release clamps that get used for trailer top bike mounts. The front wheel comes off and the bike is clamped.

I may be able to get the 9 seater at a decent price.

Third row of seats will be removed.

With any luck the 29'' bike can fit length wise if the "40%" seat is folded up, or worst case removed. (still with both wheels in place

Thinking along the same lines if I should go the VW Caddy route.  No third row, and remove the small seat from the second row (that is a quick clip out).  Might even try to make a wheel clamp that clips into the same bracket the seat clips out off ....

I may be able to get the 9 seater at a decent price.

Third row of seats will be removed.

With any luck the 29'' bike can fit length wise if the "40%" seat is folded up, or worst case removed. (still with both wheels in place

Thinking along the same lines if I should go the VW Caddy route. No third row, and remove the small seat from the second row (that is a quick clip out). Might even try to make a wheel clamp that clips into the same bracket the seat clips out off ....

Take a bike or two along to the test drive, best way to be sure before committing to a sale.

Those with the VW Caddy - how do you "Secure" the bike inside the Caddy ? How would you secure two MTB's ?

Anybody using a Hyundai H1 ? How do you secure your bikes in the H1 ?

Caddy seems so much more practical .... better fuel consumption ....

But MAN, that H1 is such a nice wagon !! can get a H1 with 14000km on for the same price as a new Caddy (both in automatic)

but I do a fair amount of kilos ... and the H1 may become thirsty ....

Caddy. With the back seats in, wheels off and tied up normally. No need for anything other than a bungi cord at one of the securing points on the loading area.

No back seats: wrap strap / Velcro cord at the rear of the sliding doors (c pillar) to hold the front wheel (turned 90 deg) and one Velcro band at the rear doors for the rear wheel. This keeps em upright.

Lotsa ppl: front wheels off, back seats up and bikes tied to each other. Longest bikes in the middle.

Getting a Toyota Fortuner in Canada. There are trails near where are moving but will need the Fortuner when taking a bike into the mountains. 

Single bike in caddy maxi. Single jump seat folded up. Bike against rh side. Secure against mounting points. That's how I roll.

Thank you.

Looking ahead, when Maritz has a 26'' and later a 29er .... two bikes on the left, with the larger jump seat removed, using the smaller jump seat for the third person. ??

Certainly seems to be the best vehicle to swallow two bikes, seat three people and still to be a daily driver .... AND to still deliver good fuel economy ....

now to get some feedback from the dealers .... 

Uno

Many a true word...

Wheels off, I happily got my large 29er into my Fiat 500, without moving the front seats. 

The dealer wouldn't believe me until I showed him.

Cue jokes about big things into small spaces.

Many a true word...

Wheels off, I happily got my large 29er into my Fiat 500, without moving the front seats. 

The dealer wouldn't believe me until I showed him.

Cue jokes about big things into small spaces.

Going to be a tight fit to get TWO MTB's into an Uno, WITH three people in it ....  :eek:

ONE bike and ONE person .... can work in most vehicles 

NOT so easy when it is two bikes and three people ....  :whistling:

My bud has a mec A class and he fits his 29er medium in to the back with seats down with out removing the front wheel.