Which vehicle fits 29er MTB inside?

duanelr

Hi there. Which vehicles out there can you load an entire 29er a mountain bike into the back? Will take the front wheel off if necessary.

I know the old Nissan x trail can swollow an entire bike with the seats folded flat - same for an ild prado. What else are you guys driving? Looking for a new vehicle though.

Reasons for putting the bike inside the vehicle: safety against theft , protection against stone chips / elements as well as keeping the bike clean when travelling on dirt roads.

Thanks in advdance.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have put two mtbs in a honda Jazz. Ok had to lower the seats. But still. Most vehicles where you can fold the back seat will work

Mmm and think I might have had to remove both wheels

Edited by LeoKnight

Caddy Maxi, rear seats removed / folded forwards, and you'll fit it in perfectly. If it's just one bike, then flip up the single rear seat and the front wheel will fit there. Full bike, no need to remove the wheels. 

I have put two mtbs in a honda Jazz. Ok had to lower the seats. But still. Most vehicles where you can fold the back seat will work

Mmm and think I might have had to remove both wheels

I used to get my Large 29er into the back of the Jazz with the front wheel off, not sure about 2 though.

Jeep Grand Cherokee: remove front wheel and put down half of the back seats. Gives me tremendous peace when drinking a beer after an event knowing my bike is locked inside a vehicle.

When I used to drive a Camry i could get a 29 in from the boot with the rear seats down, now I drive a Toyota Hilux single cab and have fitted 3 in the load, could even take another.