W2W smelly advert

cannibal

Jocklaw offers a W2W shiraz entry for R2000 and after you dibs it he start pushing it...pretending you were not the first one! 

post-8592-0-35506200-1540996232_thumb.jpg

Edited by cannibal
Removed personal details disclosed in attachments

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing R3k for a partner entry is still a bargain, but it's a bit of a d!ck move to shift the goalposts.

well rating his profile on classifieds is probably the best way to deal with this behaviour

The person is probably an estate agent. Well known tactic by them. Agent tried that tactic many years ago when I wanted to buy a home I saw. Asked her to bring the Offer To Purchase so that I could sign it. Agent pitched and said the seller wanted R40k more. I told her to tell the seller that I was not interested anymore. I suspect she told them that she is gonna push me for more.

Sorry, but this is very unethical. Your price is your price. This is not an auction.

The person is probably an estate agent. Well known tactic by them. Agent tried that tactic many years ago when I wanted to buy a home I saw. Asked her to bring the Offer To Purchase so that I could sign it. Agent pitched and said the seller wanted R40k more. I told her to tell the seller that I was not interested anymore. I suspect she told them that she is gonna push me for more.

Sorry, but this is very unethical. Your price is your price. This is not an auction.

Agree 100% but some sellers don't seem to get this. Once upon a time at band camp, sorry the Hub, someone was advertising a proride, no takers so I put in an offer which was accepted. The night before the meeting to do the exchange the seller messaged me saying that he had received a better offer and could I match it. Was only a R100 more - seller did not seem to realise that for R100 he sold his integrity. I probably should have pointed that out to him but to be honest if he didn't get it in the first instance I doubt he would have understood.  

Edited by Wet Ears

Wait so according to the messages the price went from R2000 to 3?

I suppose what you should have done is tell him you accept it.

Then pay in R3 to his bank.

Then once he realises this, he has lost all the time to sell it.

Then offer him R1997, take it or leave it.

Either way, he's taken a srious haircut pulling out so late. eina.

(I see he has booked accom going for more!)