Racers fail doping tests for EWS

Capricorn

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure Jared Graves doesn't care.

First deal with not dying of cancer, then deal with whatever fallout there is once you've done that.

Richie Rude though..... That's a whole other story and he was the first person I thought of when the rumour broke... 

Me to, Why is this!?

'cos he's a beast....

Yup, 1.76m tall (short) and 90kg, yet pedals a bike like he weighs 70kg. The power you need as a 90kg block to keep up with okes that weigh 70kg is alot! That's not to mention, 90kg of lean mass on a 1.76m frame is lots of muscle, that combined with the cardiovascular fitness of the guy raises questions...

While I don't condone substance abuse, I understand the mentality at this level of competition.

Yup, 1.76m tall (short) and 90kg, yet pedals a bike like he weighs 70kg. The power you need as a 90kg block to keep up with okes that weigh 70kg is alot! That's not to mention, 90kg of lean mass on a 1.76m frame is lots of muscle, that combined with the cardiovascular fitness of the guy raises questions...

While I don't condone substance abuse, I understand the mentality at this level of competition.

I know... :P

Looks like Graves and Rude have the same lawyer and they're getting ready to throw RynoPower under the bus, a la 'accidental ingestion'. 

It doesn't matter. They are still responsible for what they put into their bodies.

It doesn't matter. They are still responsible for what they put into their bodies.

Yeah, but it's an easy way to muddy the waters and escape reputational damage for them.

Either way, Ryno Power sponsor a whole host of WC athletes so I can imagine if their products were tainted, some WC racers may also have returned adverse findings at some point. 

Don't guys get way more lenient sanctions for accidental ingestion?  Daryl Impey comes to mind?

Do you mean that regardless of how the substance was ingested, they will be guilty? I ask because I don't know. I would have thought that if I can prove that the supplement contained illegal additives that I was not aware of, I would be exonerated. Perhaps stripped of medals for a period before the positive, but basically found not guilty and not banned. 

Jeez, they were notified in July, and still have to be notified about a hearing date. The French are quick to leak news, but slow with the hearing.

Edited by PhilipV

Jeez, they were notified in July, and still have to be notified about a hearing date. The French are quick to leak news, but slow with the hearing.

The process is painfully slow.

They cannot afford to do anything until all the i's are dotted and the T's are crossed, then checked, then checked again.

It's a big deal making these accusations and the case needs to be air tight in the process. There is big money loss from Yeti and other brands as well as the EWS etc with regards the 1st 'doping scandal'.

A few months is nothing in the scheme of things. Lance was caught and found guilty years after his indiscretions.

In the age of instant gratification people are very quick to expect everything done 'NOW', but to make things stick, nothing can be left to chance.

Hampering someones career and destroying their credibility is not done lightly