Munga 2018 Race news

The Munga

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see there are already 4 riders with a 'Scratched' status.  What exactly does this mean? - surely they can't have pulled out already?

Looks like all the favourites still hanging together.  Hoping Mike Woolnough shows the youngsters how its done - great to see a 'toppie' mixing it at the front (sorry Mike  :blush: )

most probably DNS

I may get shot down for this and I have never done it but why are some guys carrying so much stuff? Surely it would be better to try and plan it to sleep at the stops than carry that sort of thing. Seems some guys are pretty heavily laden. Would love to know how much of that stuff they actually use. Like I say never done it so I don't know.

there's not much altitude gain on this race.

so a heavy bike is not really such a big deal

What's happening with Johny Tauyatswala? His tracker is doing 120km/h on the R706.

Edited by GaryvdM

What's happening with Johny Tauyatswala? His tracker is doing 120km/h on the R706.

Looks like he retired. He was way off course and then a medic was with him.

Ramses for the win! He's a beast.

Amazing how everything is relative - I went to a talk by Michael Knudsen last week. He came second at the Trans Siberia this year. It's a 9100km race across Russia. One of the middle stages was 1,400km!

Ramses for the win! He's a beast.

Amazing how everything is relative - I went to a talk by Michael Knudsen last week. He came second at the Trans Siberia this year. It's a 9100km race across Russia. One of the middle stages was 1,400km!

Looks like his creating abit of a gap, however still long way to

Does anyone know what happened to Grant Usher?

Was def on the start list but is not listed amongst the dots

Does anyone know what happened to Grant Usher?

Was def on the start list but is not listed amongst the dots

Sorry no. Erik Vermeulen would also have ridden. He was taking photographs at the start. So he also didnt start.