The Veganism Thread

Odinson

Random veggie story...

So a customer of mine brought me 500g of gloriously marbled wagyu beef as a thank you for fitting his bike (his fit was so bad that he had never ridden 3 days in a row due to crotch pain - in 5 years!).

The beef was spectacular. I love beef. A lot. It was possibly the best beef I have ever eaten.

So I've been eating very little meat in Denmark...and my system didn't enjoy the beef as much  :eek:  :eek:  Either my stomach has changed it's microbiome or meat is a difficult thing to process!

Totally worth it  :clap:

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"The study of 1000 office workers was part of the Fisherman’s Friend annual cold and flu survey.

The research also revealed millennial workers take three times more time off work than those aged 55 and over."

Sample size of 1000? ..... and survey done by Fisherman’s Friend :D  ... I'm surprised that was their only findings with such a small and "independent" survey  :D

Odison wasn't a knob, he only told you what he believed was right,he wasn't being rude or impolite. I'm really offended. You don't have the right to say I'm not a vegan and that I don't have the commitment and sacrifice it takes to be one, you don't even know me and what I've been through. Since I'm a hormonal teenager let me tell you my story.

I don't have a Dad, I have 2 brothers (17 and 11) and a Mom with a low income. My big brother is assigned to do the cooking at night. He turned vegan 7 months, the cooking for only 3 got hard and so he persuaded us all to go vegan. So you are right, my brother does all the thinking and I just go with it. The transition was easy as we never really ate MEAT, we never braaied. Only mince and chicken.

Take-outs was very rare.

Think about it, food intake is such an abstract thing. We save our mom money with the vegan-lifestyle and that is my main motivation, even though I have to eat the same every day.

I admit it, I'm the immature one in the family. I'll show you I'm vegan by posting everything I eat every day.

Look dont get me wrong about Odi's passion, Im glad that he believes so firmly in a meat free diet for all. The way he goes about it will never win anyone over though.

Odi in general has always been a bit of a troll so its nothing new.

I might sound like dislike him but that really isnt the case, he is a lovable knob and I very much support his moral stand on not killing animals.

I am not trying to be a chop here .... assuming you are still at school ... I trust your exams went well!

I was in grade 10 this year. I had to go check what I got on my tests yesterday and I got 75% with my math and 65% with my Physics, so I'm not dumb. But I did flunk accounting.????

This is what I eat during long rides. It's rice with flaxseeds. Today I ate 1 1/2 cups of this which is equivalent to 435 calories. It was supposed to be rice cakes but I only made it an hour before I went riding and it couldn't cool off properly....

What do you guys eat during long rides?

post-130759-0-91157900-1574956542_thumb.jpg

Edited by Josh_the. Man

Josh, I can see a concerted effort being made by you to stimulated some real conversation on this topic of late. You have not disappeared or run away after some pretty good (and well deserved) abuse. The hub should be a place where everyone can share opinion and have some good banter. For sure, you leaped out the gate like headless chicken but of late you’ve had some good points / posts.

Looking forward to your views and contributions going forward. But please.....don’t make be regret it ;-)

You aren’t a millennial, I am, but it leads to some fun times when you get called one doesn’t it.

If people think that the youth of today get triggered easily, wait till we start calling the old guys boomers [emoji6]

Aaaa fek. I’m old. About time you lot show your respect and start calling me Oom.

It's fryday today which means it's usually squat day for me. Today I squatted 3X12 60kg.

On the moment I weigh 58kg. I'd like to weigh 65kg within the next two weeks so I'm bulking up on tofu.

Watch "How to squat like a Vegan????" on YouTube

https://youtu.be/Ub9UZOf44FI

Just know that my left leg is still injured so I squatted more with my right leg today.

Edited by Josh_the. Man

Wow I'm impressed. I didn't know there was such a thing as vegan restaurants in SA. I'm glad there's a restaurant out there where the only vegan thing isn't fries????

It's actually amazing how many places are popping up - In Cape Town alone there are around 15 full on vegan resgaurants, and then there are places like Balduccis - although they serve meat, they have a full vegan menu as well.

A little bit less options as you go out of town towards Somerset West side, but there are at least vegan options on most menus. Then you have Woolies and Checkers who now have full vegan lines in their prepared food ranges at pretty reasonable prices - and with nice variety too.

It's easier now than ever before to be vegan in SA - especially if you live in the Cape and have access to a decent size Woolies food.

It's fryday today which means it's usually squat day for me. Today I squatted 3X12 60kg.

On the moment I weigh 58kg. I'd like to weigh 65kg within the next two weeks so I'm bulking up on tofu.

Watch "How to squat like a Vegan" on YouTube

https://youtu.be/Ub9UZOf44FI

Just know that my left leg is still injured so I squatted more with my right leg today.

Tofu or notufo.

How much tofu must a man eat to bulk up 7kgs?

Too much squatting will have a negative effect.

Btw you are squatting too low. Do not go any further than horizontal upper legs.

Edited by porqui

Tofu or notufo.

How much tofu must a man eat to bulk up 7kgs?

Too much squatting will have a negative effect.

Btw you are squatting too low. Do not go any further than horizontal upper legs.

Yep waaay to low and knees goes out of alignment. Your next video will be how to walk like a vegan with stuffed knees. Edited by Mudsimus