The Veganism Thread

Odinson

Wow it is like an experiment when I change my food here and there when it doesn't fit me or how it makes my body feel, never thought about it that way.

Do you train a lot?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow it is like an experiment when I change my food here and there when it doesn't fit me or how it makes my body feel, never thought about it that way.

Do you train a lot?

I try. (Too) many years spent in the gym got me started with logging and toying with diets. Then on to crossfit, then triathlon, now running. I love training so I fit it in as much as I reasonably can.

I cut back on unnecessary carbs at dinner. Eat way less lentils

I rearly eat vegan meat and tofu now.

Statistics say that the average American consumes 3 times the needed protein that's actually needed.

According to my weight (62kg) I only need between 80 and 100grams of protein depending how hard I trained that day. A normal male who doesn't train only needs 56grams (according to Tom Bell)

My normal daily eating habits:

14 tbsp (bowl) dry oats 20gr protein

3 slices brown bread 8gr protein

Peanut butter 3tbsp 21gr protein

Appel and banana

1 cup lentils cooked 18gr protein

Half cup rice 2.5gr protein

Half serving vegan gorilla gainer 12gr protein after 6pm workout

1.5 cups of veg (broccoli /spinach) 8gr protein with little bit of pasta

TOTAL: 85grams Protein

Your body can only absorb 20-25grams of protein at a time.

It may sound like alot of food but it really isn't. According to studies plant based proteins absorbs better than meat protein so you need less.

That's a hell of a lot of carbs?

I cut back on unnecessary carbs at dinner. Eat way less lentils

I rearly eat vegan meat and tofu now.

Statistics say that the average American consumes 3 times the needed protein that's actually needed.

According to my weight (62kg) I only need between 80 and 100grams of protein depending how hard I trained that day. A normal male who doesn't train only needs 56grams (according to Tom Bell)

My normal daily eating habits:

14 tbsp (bowl) dry oats 20gr protein

3 slices brown bread 8gr protein

Peanut butter 3tbsp 21gr protein

Appel and banana

1 cup lentils cooked 18gr protein

Half cup rice 2.5gr protein

Half serving vegan gorilla gainer 12gr protein after 6pm workout

1.5 cups of veg (broccoli /spinach) 8gr protein with little bit of pasta

TOTAL: 85grams Protein

Your body can only absorb 20-25grams of protein at a time.

It may sound like alot of food but it really isn't. According to studies plant based proteins absorbs better than meat protein so you need less.

how do you get 21 grams of protein out of 3 table spoons ?

Hey guys.. not food related.. but have you Vegans seen or tried the PnP vegan cleaning range?

I came across it before knockdown and it was basically all that was on the shelves.. I quite like it.. have used the bathroom and kitchen cleaner and now trying out the oven cleaner..

how do you get 21 grams of protein out of 3 table spoons ?

3 table spoons of peanut butter is 48g - some of the higher protein content peanut butters have just over 50% (normal is around 25%) so the protein range is 12-24g of protein.

That's a hell of a lot of carbs?

It's quite a lot, I don't see a high carb diet unhealthy. I get a lot of fibre in, a lot of normal diets (meat diets) are very dificient in fibre.

Hey guys.. not food related.. but have you Vegans seen or tried the PnP vegan cleaning range?

I came across it before knockdown and it was basically all that was on the shelves.. I quite like it.. have used the bathroom and kitchen cleaner and now trying out the oven cleaner..

Half related to your point - I like that the options are there now, woolies has a bunch, our Spar stocks a lot too. I've changed a couple things like soap, shampoo, moisturiser. They work just as well so I see little reason not to buy them. I'll keep trying other stuff out.

Woah wtf! These vegans are getting out of hand. First time I've heard of this.

Woah wtf! These vegans are getting out of hand. First time I've heard of this.

Upside of the whole coronavirus thingymabob - clean vegans.

Half related to your point - I like that the options are there now, woolies has a bunch, our Spar stocks a lot too. I've changed a couple things like soap, shampoo, moisturiser. They work just as well so I see little reason not to buy them. I'll keep trying other stuff out.

They aren't bad, the oven cleaner I tried perhaps not as tough on grime as normal cleaner so a little more elbow grease is required ..but with all the products I found that they leave a nice fresh scent which seems longer lasting and doesn't smell like jik/handy Andy.. no amount of lavender ever really masks the smell of conventional detergents.. so I am happy.. Edited by Gen

Hi Gen!

I am so interested in this, what makes it Vegan? Or more to the point, why would a conventional chemical cleaner not be considered vegan?

NOT TROLLING! Genuinely curious.

Here in NZ we don't have Vegan cleaners, but there are heaps of Environmental Cleaners that are touted to be safer for the environment and using less harsh chemicals. Is this sort of the same thing you are referring to? Or are the Vegan cleaners using ingredients made specifically from plants?

Hi Gen!

I am so interested in this, what makes it Vegan? Or more to the point, why would a conventional chemical cleaner not be considered vegan?

Here in NZ we don't have Vegan cleaners, but there are heaps of Environmental Cleaners that are touted to be safer for the environment and using less harsh chemicals. Is this sort of the same thing you are referring to? Or are the Vegan cleaners using ingredients made specifically from plants?

According to the bottle it is plant and mineral based.. suppose conventional products would indirectly have a negative effect on animals by being harmful to the environment. I really don't know.. just guessing here

[emoji2368]

I am struggling to upload a higher resolution pic of the goodies I have but found this on the PnP website..

https://www.pnp.co.za/pnpstorefront/pnp/en/All-Products/Household-Cleaning/Window-Cleaners/PNP-GREEN-WINDOW-CLEANER-500ML/p/000000000000631795_EA4728d91053ce06fc6631f26b3cb011da.jpg

post-39623-0-74621100-1588627607_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gen

Hi Gen!

A big part of vegan products is that its not tested on animals.