The Veganism Thread

Odinson

According to the bottle it is plant and mineral based.. suppose conventional products would indirectly have a negative effect on animals by being harmful to the environment. I really don't know.. just guessing here

[emoji2368]

I am struggling to upload a higher resolution pic of the goodies I have but found this on the PnP website..

https://www.pnp.co.za/pnpstorefront/pnp/en/All-Products/Household-Cleaning/Window-Cleaners/PNP-GREEN-WINDOW-CLEANER-500ML/p/000000000000631795_EA4728d91053ce06fc6631f26b3cb011da.jpg

What makes it Vegan?

It does not say so

Its "Eco Conscious "

They dont work very well from my experience

Sorry

If it was a snake it would have bitten me

Right in the middle it says so

Edited by Kranswurm

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Gen!

I am so interested in this, what makes it Vegan? Or more to the point, why would a conventional chemical cleaner not be considered vegan?

NOT TROLLING! Genuinely curious.

Here in NZ we don't have Vegan cleaners, but there are heaps of Environmental Cleaners that are touted to be safer for the environment and using less harsh chemicals. Is this sort of the same thing you are referring to? Or are the Vegan cleaners using ingredients made specifically from plants?

I would imagine the product has not been tested on animals.

sounds like marketing to me

Look up 'greenwashing', its what you're implying and ja its been super successful as a marketing tool.

• 3 weeks later...

As a cyclist. How do you lose weight without losing muscle in the process?

Reduce your calorie intake ovcourse but do you cut back on calories as a whole or only carbs. I trained insane this past week and didn't eat bread. I still ate 2250-2600 calories worth of food just like I would with the bread.

I felt like I didn't have enouth energy.

My brother is an incredible cyclist and lost 6kg (2kg creatine) in 4 weeks before a race. He couldn't help losing muscle as well because he went on a calorie deficit.

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed, its terrible what we do to animals. I don't know how people live with themselves doing this. If those animals have to be killed then surely there is a more humane way...but I suppose its all about the bottom line and choking hundreds of animals to death overnight is the cheapest option....

As a cyclist. How do you lose weight without losing muscle in the process?

Reduce your calorie intake ovcourse but do you cut back on calories as a whole or only carbs. I trained insane this past week and didn't eat bread. I still ate 2250-2600 calories worth of food just like I would with the bread.

I felt like I didn't have enouth energy.

My brother is an incredible cyclist and lost 6kg (2kg creatine) in 4 weeks before a race. He couldn't help losing muscle as well because he went on a calorie deficit.

Muscle mass needs protein to "survive" a calorie deficit. Feed sufficient protein, and you'll be in a better place for muscle sparing. 

Man, this world...sometimes I think a more substantial virus than Corona is the only cure for mans greed and wanton wastage...disgusting.

https://theintercept.com/2020/05/29/pigs-factory-farms-ventilation-shutdown-coronavirus/?fbclid=IwAR3LCaBRqY6MYjHyFk15PPt3eguuVyq1xRXTZBzAa6ZqluS20Emyeuiwn30

I've seen footage on reddit of pigs getting killed similarly.

They crank up the heat and then release a non toxic gas. Takes up to 15min???? to kill the pigs while they go ballistic and die.

It's standard practice in America and its said that up to 25% of meat comes from this practice of killing. Statistic might not be accurate????‍♂️ but you get the point.

SA might not be as advanced but I've seen my Nigerian neighbors slaughter goats in their backyard. The goat will scream for minutes until it has bled out. I saw everything, he even used a normal kitchen knife. (I live in a proper neighborhood by the way????)

They kill a goat / bokkie twice a year and even keep rabbits in cages with no place to roam free.

But it doesn't really bother me, police won't give a $hit, I'm sure it might not be legal to kill an animal that big in your backyard.

I've seen footage on reddit of pigs getting killed similarly.

They crank up the heat and then release a non toxic gas. Takes up to 15min to kill the pigs while they go ballistic and die.

It's standard practice in America and its said that up to 25% of meat comes from this practice of killing. Statistic might not be accurate‍♂ but you get the point.

SA might not be as advanced but I've seen my Nigerian neighbors slaughter goats in their backyard. The goat will scream for minutes until it has bled out. I saw everything, he even used a normal kitchen knife. (I live in a proper neighborhood by the way)

They kill a goat / bokkie twice a year and even keep rabbits in cages with no place to roam free.

But it doesn't really bother me, police won't give a $hit, I'm sure it might not be legal to kill an animal that big in your backyard.

And the world wonders why its in such a mess.....! :devil:

We all know there as some nastys in meat people don't want to consume right?

High cholesterol, too much heme iron can be bad includeing an eccential amino acid called methionine which biosynthesize a non essential amino acid which can't be found in food called homocysteine.

The body is very very capable of getting rid of bad stuff. Cardio helps a lot to detoxify the body.

Let's take bodybuilders for instance. Just imagine eating 2 chicken a day. Just because you have muscle doesn't mean your body will more easily get rid of the excess bad stuff. Your body has almost no control of how much heme iron it absorbes because it gets absorbed so quickly and effectively.

Non heme iron (plants) is slowly absorbed and can be regulated.

• 2 months later...