Diagnosed with stage 4 cancer - the long winding road it has become

Cois

Pleasure - EWN mentioned that he'll be using the funds to provide an education for his children

That is so true. And the thing that got to me, is that I did not ask for donations, the group wanted to assist with donations as we do not have access to all the resources that the US and the UK has access to. The Erbitux in the US is subsidized by the company making it, in South Africa we do not get subsidies at all. The one person asked me who takes me to chemo as most of the US has people driving you to and from treatment centers. All I asked for was prayers. I then sent the lady who banned me from the group a copy of the diagnosis, the biopsy results as well as a report from the doctor.

I saw the guy has some R400 000 on his platform already. I just hope that the person uses his funds to educate himself and creates a future for himself and that he wont go on a bender with all the funds.

And Amen on the verse! Needed that today.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don’t think I mentioned this, but tears hurts me. It burns my eyes and it burns my skin.

And today I must admit, my face and eyes have been burning the whole day. I can’t hold back the tears!

Most of the people donating I do not know and some I have never met, but I stand in awe! Thanks to everyone making donations. I am just floored at this moment and do not have enough words in my limited vocabulary to say thanks

Don’t think I mentioned this, but tears hurts me. It burns my eyes and it burns my skin.

And today I must admit, my face and eyes have been burning the whole day. I can’t hold back the tears!

Most of the people donating I do not know and some I have never met, but I stand in awe! Thanks to everyone making donations. I am just floored at this moment and do not have enough words in my limited vocabulary to say thanks

Day one and you are almost on target! Now you can focus more on getting better. The last thing you want is to worry about bills.

The help coming in for Cois almost restores my faith in humanity- some people donate anonymously and that’s seriously selfless - not diminishing those of us who put a name there but to donate without recognition is super cool - personally feel we should shoot the lights out as 50k doesn’t get far in this fight

The help coming in for Cois almost restores my faith in humanity- some people donate anonymously and that’s seriously selfless - not diminishing those of us who put a name there but to donate without recognition is super cool - personally feel we should shoot the lights out as 50k doesn’t get far in this fight

R50000 should cover the 20% co-payment we need to make. One session of chemo works out at about R35000. One drip of Erbitux is R26000

R50000 should cover the 20% co-payment we need to make. One session of chemo works out at about R35000. One drip of Erbitux is R26000

You have touched many hearts friend, with your humility and honesty on these pages. Please know that we are all in your corner and that you are never not being thought of by someone. I cannot imagine the journey that you are on, but I wish you strength to overcome the speed bump in your way. Edited by BigDL

How are you doing lad?

Having trouble sleeping.

The Erbitux has a side effect of causing severe acne and it is all over my face, head, back and my legs.

The doctor said she will prescribe meds to help, but she had to wait to see if I will have a reaction. So will get the script on Tuesday.

Other than that I am doing okay. Just the sleep eluding me is a problem, but that will come right as well.

One light point... got my drivers license card yesterday. Only took 11 months to be printed! Was driving like Mrs Daisy the past few months as my card expired last year September.

You don't have to say anything anymore. Relax, concentrate on yourself towards haling. You have friends here.

8418c8bbfc505b5eee32b2e8fee2f369.jpg this is what reaction a Apple Watch causes with Erbitux. This is just a small patch. My face looks like the skin of a Teenager and hurts so much at this stage. The worst is my hair on my head and chest. It is all inflamed and hurting a lot.

Read an article online on the chemo treatment. They had a patient that with 400mg dose showed this symptoms. I am getting 900mg per session! So I am glad the doctor is not playing around.

I am stressing about tomorrow. The next round of chemo is waiting for me, and it is like a mountain ahead of me.

This morning I sent in my application for Rev (transcribing audio files) so just waiting for the yes or no on the application. At least it is a job to do while I am on therapy.

8418c8bbfc505b5eee32b2e8fee2f369.jpg this is what reaction a Apple Watch causes with Erbitux. This is just a small patch. My face looks like the skin of a Teenager and hurts so much at this stage. The worst is my hair on my head and chest. It is all inflamed and hurting a lot.

Read an article online on the chemo treatment. They had a patient that with 400mg dose showed this symptoms. I am getting 900mg per session! So I am glad the doctor is not playing around.

I am stressing about tomorrow. The next round of chemo is waiting for me, and it is like a mountain ahead of me.

This morning I sent in my application for Rev (transcribing audio files) so just waiting for the yes or no on the application. At least it is a job to do while I am on therapy.

Sterkte vir vandag.