Diagnosed with stage 4 cancer - the long winding road it has become

Cois

New Amsterdam? Something worth watching?

Its a medical series of a public hospital. The head doc gets diagnosed with cancer and so far he hasnt given up, continues to work and push hard.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a medical series of a public hospital. The head doc gets diagnosed with cancer and so far he hasnt given up, continues to work and push hard.

Based on a true story, as well.

Glad you did check on that Beta Blocker, that can be a terrible experience if taken in too high a dose. And you definitely do not need anything to add to what is already challenging to the extreme.

Thinking of you and your family going through this very testing time.

Get well.

Thanks. Could not understand why I can’t push it on the spinning bike. And even walking became a huge challenge as I can’t get my heart rate up at all. So getting out of my house and back into my house is by far the biggest challenge every day.

Thanks, will look into it. Need something to watch at night with the SO

It’s always sunny in Philadelphia is not my cup of tea. Watched most of season one and yeah, might skip the rest

Real sorry about that, I hope and pray that things will start to turn to allow you to get back onto the bike. 

The little things in life is what we miss once we're no longer able to do them. After a herniated disc in my lower back I had to stop running and it was really hard to let go

Sorry for my language, but **** Cancer and **** Recruiting companies

Got a phone call from a recruiter from Pretoria near Moreletapark a few days ago.

Asked me a few questions and then went straight for the kill shot. What does your treatment entail. So told her about the one day off every two weeks to get the needed medicine and then just one afternoon to remove the pump that I had to use, but can be done at home.

So here is the short of the ******* recruiting bitch:

Oh, that is not going to work for this company. They need someone full time and they will not be able to give you time off for treatments.

They need someone that can always be there.

Please remove your CV from (what ever job hunting page) because you are wasting the recruiters time, the companies money and your time. No one will give you a job.

Stop looking for a job and focus on healing. And when you are healed phone me and load your CV on job pages. But stop looking for work, because you are not going to get a job!

I am still so mad about this call that I had to get it off my chest. How can a person tell someone to stop looking for a job?

Yes I have cancer, it is bloody expensive to treat and you need money to pay for treatments. I need money for food, petrol, phone bills, electric bills, my car payments and rent.

Do not come and tell me to stop looking for work! I mean WTF? I am still able to work, yes there are some challenges, but do not tell me that I will not get a job and that I should stop looking for a job!

@ Cois, keep on, keeping on, and good on you for standing up to this recruiter. Many recruiters are a law upon themselves and have long forgotten or stopped caring about the fact the they deal with people, also humans like them with feelings and a lived reality. 

Clearly she cannot grasp the fact that unlike a flu or a headache you are going through something much more challenging with cancer, BUT the cancer does not make you incompetent. In fact, I think your cancer makes you even more bloody determined to beat every odd that you come across.

I like recruiters and buyers equally. 

I am sure there is some sort of channel you can follow to get her sorted. I think it's referred to as prejudice or something like that. Maybe someone else on here knows the labor law but I'm almost 100% sure that that kind of statement is not allowed.

If I was in a position to pay for all your expenses I would but ya, you do need an income! 

Sorry for my language, but **** Cancer and **** Recruiting companies

Got a phone call from a recruiter from Pretoria near Moreletapark a few days ago.

Asked me a few questions and then went straight for the kill shot. What does your treatment entail. So told her about the one day off every two weeks to get the needed medicine and then just one afternoon to remove the pump that I had to use, but can be done at home.

So here is the short of the ******* recruiting bitch:
Oh, that is not going to work for this company. They need someone full time and they will not be able to give you time off for treatments.
They need someone that can always be there.
Please remove your CV from (what ever job hunting page) because you are wasting the recruiters time, the companies money and your time. No one will give you a job.
Stop looking for a job and focus on healing. And when you are healed phone me and load your CV on job pages. But stop looking for work, because you are not going to get a job!

I am still so mad about this call that I had to get it off my chest. How can a person tell someone to stop looking for a job?
Yes I have cancer, it is bloody expensive to treat and you need money to pay for treatments. I need money for food, petrol, phone bills, electric bills, my car payments and rent.
Do not come and tell me to stop looking for work! I mean WTF? I am still able to work, yes there are some challenges, but do not tell me that I will not get a job and that I should stop looking for a job!

@ Cois, keep on, keeping on, and good on you for standing up to this recruiter. Many recruiters are a law upon themselves and have long forgotten or stopped caring about the fact the they deal with people, also humans like them with feelings and a lived reality.

Clearly she cannot grasp the fact that unlike a flu or a headache you are going through something much more challenging with cancer, BUT the cancer does not make you incompetent. In fact, I think your cancer makes you even more bloody determined to beat every odd that you come across.

I like recruiters and buyers equally.

Every morning I wake up, is one night that I did not die in my sleep. The newest thing is seizures at night. My watch picks it up as time that I was awake. It sucks to wake up with your wife attempting to wake you up.

Every day for me is a gift and I want to use that gift to no 1 help my wife and no 2 help others. My field I am in is to help people with a problem, to sort that problem as fast as I can to get that person up and going again. Yes I can’t go outside and spend time in the sun, I have a hole in my stomach that I have bowel movements through, but I can work around it. But people are some of the weirdest things around. As soon as some hear you have cancer they treat you like you asked to get cancer. Some people are just the opposite.

And then you get the people that are in the mind of just get it fixed. And I wish it was that easy. But it is not. It is tough!

I have great friends that is building me up every say.

Most of my family went all distant when they heard I have cancer, and that hurts a lot.

But day to day it is my battle. A battle against my mind, my body and my thoughts.

Hi Cois

Name and shame the recruiter. As simple as that. Do it on social media as well.

She is ignorant, pompous and arrogant. Due process in reporting her will not work.

Who gives her the right to attempt to humiliate you.

Edited by CogitoErgoSum

I am sure there is some sort of channel you can follow to get her sorted. I think it's referred to as prejudice or something like that. Maybe someone else on here knows the labor law but I'm almost 100% sure that that kind of statement is not allowed.

If I was in a position to pay for all your expenses I would but ya, you do need an income!

I think the biggest is not the money, it is to be busy at this stage.

You can only try to clean the house so many times per day.

I don’t even see going after this recruiter as a endeavor worth wasting any energy om. It just saddens me that people will phone you, give you little hope and then plunge you into a pool of her acid.

Hi Cois

Name and shame the recruiter. As simple as that. Do it on social media as well.

She is ignorant, pompous and arrogant. Due process in reporting her will not work.

Who gives her the right to attempt to humiliate you.

She works for a company and I am afraid that the company would loose business and then there are other people that I hindered in getting jobs. That is my problem that I am sitting with.

One day she will have to give account for her actions.

Yes, she works for a company, but she needs to be named as she is doing injustice to anyone looking for work. Clearly she does not belong there. Maybe send the management of the firm and email expressing you views with her reply attached and ask them if this is the way they promote people and businesses. Se whats their reply and then take it from there.

Yes, she works for a company, but she needs to be named as she is doing injustice to anyone looking for work. Clearly she does not belong there. Maybe send the management of the firm and email expressing you views with her reply attached and ask them if this is the way they promote people and businesses. Se whats their reply and then take it from there.

think this is a good idea.

Thanks Eddy Gordo.

Will see if I can find the details and will let them know