Strava Summit

WaynejG

Summit is premium, they just created splits for it as well.

Everything summit has is what premium had

There are three separate packs that you can individually choose, or get the whole shebang

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if you are riding with a Garmin you might have this feature free of charge.

i use my Garmin incident detection.

same same

but cost nothing.

I do, but when I got summit garmin had still been lazt with the map and made it utterly useless on phones and I kinda sorta like the live segments, sometimes.

One thing I do prefer from strava are the SMS notifications, which garmin does not have, emails tend to get ignored or unnoticed, I am a safety contact for other garmin users and I almost never notice the email.

I really like the Live Segment feature, can turn a boring solo ride into an exciting chase.

Other than that nothing really.

Take a trial period membership and decide for yourself

If you have a Garmin and you just looking to improve your segments then use Live Segments on Garmin if your devic supports it.

• 9 months later...

I want to downgrade from the full package (that was converted from my premium subscription) to just the analysis package. They don’t make it easy - I can’t see how to do it - it seems that I only have the option to switch between monthly and annual, or delete my account. Any ideas?

I want to downgrade from the full package (that was converted from my premium subscription) to just the analysis package. They don’t make it easy - I can’t see how to do it - it seems that I only have the option to switch between monthly and annual, or delete my account. Any ideas?

You need to cancel and sign up again.

• 1 year later...

I see strava has now turned every single user to No on flyby. There goes another feature I placed value on and now is worthless. Great job Strava.

Meh - not entirely surprised given how privacy obsessed people are nowadays...

I have switched mine back on so that you can see who passed you next time you are out on a training ride  :P

My Flybys is off by default. I changed the ride to “Everyone” and I could see all those that I passed yesterday.

I just reverted back to the free (read worthless) version of Strava after having the Summit subscription for the last 2 years after my subs expired and I have not renewed again. Honestly, I am struggling to see the point of using strava at all if not on the Summit version. The free version has just about buggerall that makes me want to keep using it.  

Now, I am not using to hunt KOM's etc. (I'm too fat and slow for that, unless I am going in a gravity assisted direction...) but I have been using to follow metrics such as annual goal progress, fitness scores etc. (again, I am fully aware that other, better apps exist) but I just found Strava to be the most convenient of the lot. Now, I need to sync to strava, but the app is worthless w.r.t. the stats I want to see, so that means switching to my pc, and then viewing Elevate App and Polar Flow to see the stats I previously saw in one place.

I'll wait it out to the end of the month to decide if renewing is on the cards again. As for Flyby's ja I found it mildly interesting, but I won't miss it.

My gripe if that the free version (from what it was prior to me using Summit) is now so devalued I am surprised that people use it at all. It is a mere shadow of its former self. Pity.

My gripe if that the free version (from what it was prior to me using Summit) is now so devalued I am surprised that people use it at all. It is a mere shadow of its former self. Pity.

Even the summit version is not what it was.

Waste of time.

Now that Zwift is accepted on Strava nobody goes out to ride as all Swift data is allowed on Strava and is registered on challenges. Riders getting phenomenal distance and elevation and some doing up to 170 rides for the month. Most of the top positions on leaderboards are there because of Zwift. By all means have Zwift leaderboards but don't mix with actual rubber on the road rides.

Would never pay for Summit.

Waste of time.

Now that Zwift is accepted on Strava nobody goes out to ride as all Swift data is allowed on Strava and is registered on challenges. Riders getting phenomenal distance and elevation and some doing up to 170 rides for the month. Most of the top positions on leaderboards are there because of Zwift. By all means have Zwift leaderboards but don't mix with actual rubber on the road rides.

Ja, I just found all the stats I need on StatsHunters and Intervals.icu. A bit of a pain in the ass, but at least I save R600.00 over the course of a year.

Good bye Strava Summit.

Waste of time.

Interesting - like others don't care about KOM's and flyby's I guess the leaderboards on challenges never interested me. Didn't even know they are being dominated by Zwift users  :P

Ja, I just found all the stats I need on StatsHunters and Intervals.icu. A bit of a pain in the ass, but at least I save R600.00 over the course of a year.

Good bye Strava Summit.

Few years back Strava was a nice way to combine my Garmin and Polar data to a single data base.  As you say, various other apps for that, but some friends recommended I go this route ...

Add the IDT and Zwift, and I automatically opted to add this source of data to the same pot, with a few friends following.

Think it was during lockdown when I started playing more with Garmin Connect (GC) .... and thanks to a Hubber I now link my Zwift data to GC.

Out of shear habbit I find some cumulative data quicker on Strava, but everything I need and want is available on GC.  Pretty sure in a few months I will be using GC for 99% of my needs, without even looking at Strava.

The only reason for keeping my Strava account going for linking to two friends ....

My only concern .... I am now buying into the "Garmin ecosystem" ....  :eek:   :whistling:  As good as GC is (or not, depending on your needs), you soon find that you buy a watch or computer based on the ecosystem .... missing out on deals from the competition ....

Few years back Strava was a nice way to combine my Garmin and Polar data to a single data base.  As you say, various other apps for that, but some friends recommended I go this route ...

Add the IDT and Zwift, and I automatically opted to add this source of data to the same pot, with a few friends following.

Think it was during lockdown when I started playing more with Garmin Connect (GC) .... and thanks to a Hubber I now link my Zwift data to GC.

Out of shear habbit I find some cumulative data quicker on Strava, but everything I need and want is available on GC.  Pretty sure in a few months I will be using GC for 99% of my needs, without even looking at Strava.

The only reason for keeping my Strava account going for linking to two friends ....

My only concern .... I am now buying into the "Garmin ecosystem" ....  :eek:   :whistling:  As good as GC is (or not, depending on your needs), you soon find that you buy a watch or computer based on the ecosystem .... missing out on deals from the competition ....

At the risk of sounding stoopid, but does that mean I need to go spend more cash on purchasing a Garmin device? I only use Polar at present, and although it is fine (for now), I am not wanting to blow a wad of cash on another recording device.