Chain Reaction Cycles not selling Shimano to SA users ?

Vishal72

Went looking for Shimano Ultegra pedals (my Look Keo pedal fell off the spindle) on CRC today and found that they were not listed. They appeared in the search when I switched country to the UK. Seems like they are no longer selling Shimano products to SA buyers. 

Edited by Vishal72

There appears to be a number of agreements in place restricting online sites from shipping various items to SA.

Don't know about CRC/Shimano specifically but it wouldn't surprise me.

That said, at least you won't have to contend with their shipping woes.!

Edited by Thomo

Have a look rather at Merlin (4-5 days with UPS). Totalcyling takes 3-4 weeks via normal SAPO. Same for Bike24 out've Germany. Another quick alternative is Bikebug from Australia (4-5 days with UPS).

Have a look rather at Merlin (4-5 days with UPS).

I've also been singing the praises of Merlin/UPS but I've been waiting more than 2 weeks now for my most recent order ... :(

:thumbup:  Merlin is a great crew never had a problem and the pricing is sometimes better than CRC

just remember that your parcel will slow down as soon as it gets to SA so dont moan or expect delivery times indicated in the UK ( local courier agents are ***)

but you do get your stuff

Edited by bikebloke

maybe Brexit will change it all back to the old ways and we will be able to buy from crc again ^_^

Would be nice if that was perhaps the only single benefit of Brexit but I don't think so, since one can buy those brands from other on line bike shops in the UK and Europe

It's not only us. Same thing in the states and a few other countries. Was an announcement on Pinkbike about it affecting Americans a while ago.

You edited nick!!!????????

Yup. Shimano geolocking has been a rumour for quite a while now...

They have been doing that singe long. I wrote my thesis on the subjet which as case study Shimano vs Campagnolo and geo locking certain non european markets. That was back in 2003-2004 and there was actually older literature available on the subjet bicyle specific

FFS! So, we are at the mercy of not_so_cool ©heats.

So if it's not part of their stock or regular order goods, then you are stuffed. Try get a 2x10 170mm crank from them...or anything else that is not "new technology"

Went looking for Shimano Ultegra pedals (my Look Keo pedal fell off the spindle) on CRC today and found that they were not listed. They appeared in the search when I switched country to the UK. Seems like they are no longer selling Shimano products to SA buyers.

For interest sake, how much are they cheaper on CRC than shops in SA?