Bike Hub Weight Challenge 2019

Taking about wives...so proud of my wife...you has lost over 6 kg in the past couple weeks...she eats when she is hungry and stops when she is full...no specific diet...just a few simple steps she has taken to cut back...i have noticed she is eating more fruit and veg. 

That part i really battle with , if i don't just eat the stuff that's on my plate, i will never know when i am full...... :eek:

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The so-called ‘blood type diet’ is nothing more than pseudoscience. There’s no clinical evidence to support the claim that it improves health or scientific evidence to support its hypothesis.

+1

The so-called ‘blood type diet’ is nothing more than pseudoscience. There’s no clinical evidence to support the claim that it improves health or scientific evidence to support its hypothesis.

Yup

https://www.mygenefood.com/blood-type-diet-debunked/

Article at a Glance
  • While there may not be much in the way of science to back up most of the claims made by the famous blood type diet, the diet is founded on some sound scientific principles.
  • It turns out that stomach acid levels, as well as the risk for certain types of ulcers, vary by blood type.
  • Variations in stomach acid can explain why one individual might thrive on a higher protein diet, while another wouldn’t be as healthy.

Never did any research on it, didn't know if it was science or pseudoscience, but I thought yeah pseudoscience when I first heard of it, that's why I never paid any attention to it.

The fact that I'm O and my body reacts better to the food in that column, and my wife A and she reacts better to those food is pure coincidence I guess.

A study group of two is hardly scientific evidence..

I sort of feel like most south africans do love a diet that advocates more meat. "Hey, let me have another chop...doctor's orders!" That's why (IMO) the banting diet was such a runaway success here. Meanwhile (again, IMO) it's the large volumes of Brocoli and cauli rice that these people have used to replace all the junk they were eating alongside the chop that are the real heros in this story.

"Hey, I lost 10 kilos on the banting diet". Congratulations, you cut out refined sugars, processed carbs and drastically increased your veggie intake. If you scale back on the meat too now you might just be eating a normal diet.  

If you scale back on the meat too now you might just be eating a normal diet.  

NOT really... a normal diet includes carbs, Pasta, bread, jams, etc...banting/keto is very much a reduced carbs i.e no breads and pastas..

I sort of feel like most south africans do love a diet that advocates more meat. "Hey, let me have another chop...doctor's orders!" That's why (IMO) the banting diet was such a runaway success here. Meanwhile (again, IMO) it's the large volumes of Brocoli and cauli rice that these people have used to replace all the junk they were eating alongside the chop that are the real heros in this story.

"Hey, I lost 10 kilos on the banting diet". Congratulations, you cut out refined sugars, processed carbs and drastically increased your veggie intake. If you scale back on the meat too now you might just be eating a normal diet.  

Unless you don't eat any veggies at all, and only a plate of chops. Who defines this "normal" diet? Do whatever works for you, I say.

Unless you don't eat any veggies at all, and only a plate of chops. Who defines this "normal" diet? Do whatever works for you, I say.

Do that and you set yourself up for colon cancer, autoimmune diseases, CVD, diabetes and who knows what else. You're going to wreck your gut, boet and the odds are great you're going to pay for it dearly. 

giphy.gif

Do that and you set yourself up for colon cancer, autoimmune diseases, CVD, diabetes and who knows what else. You're going to wreck your gut, boet and the odds are great you're going to pay for it dearly. 

eating only meat gives you Diabetes? really how?

Hi there Odi,

On the contrary, eating only meat cures all the things you've mentioned. I have been doing this long enough to know that it is not affecting my health in any way. My blood work looks better than it ever has during my adult life, and I am back to my weight I was during basic training back in the late eighties. And I can see again without the need for reading glasses (as I've mentioned before).

Have a great weekend. I'm off on a road trip until Monday.

Sigh. Please don't feed it. Sorry Odie, in this case your emotions and dogma is clouding your ability to take on new data.

How so?

Hi there Odi,

On the contrary, eating only meat cures all the things you've mentioned. I have been doing this long enough to know that it is not affecting my health in any way. My blood work looks better than it ever has during my adult life, and I am back to my weight I was during basic training back in the late eighties. And I can see again without the need for reading glasses (as I've mentioned before).

Have a great weekend. I'm off on a road trip until Monday.

Ah my friend lest we forget that there is only 'one' way .... from a fellow meat only eater [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk