Possible stolen ebike?

alexwc46

snipo

The fact that they constituted 80% of the people hanging out after dark on the streets in the areas where the crimes were taking place and the police were operating, was irrelevant.

I understand police victimization and brutality is a very real thing, but dammit - its these kind of conclusions defeat me sometimes. (despite being valid)

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would the opposite work? If I dressed really well and ride my old bicycle, will someone offer me an upgrade? :P

No, but it can give you a great sense of smugness and superiority if you can manage to beat an S-Works riding poser up a hill or down a piece of singletrack. 

No, but it can give you a great sense of smugness and superiority if you can manage to beat an S-Works riding poser up a hill or down a piece of singletrack. 

I was lapped by Spez the other day :( To be fair I was running and he was cycling.

You are now calling him a racist. Thats not cricket.

No.. I'm saying he was swayed by implicit bias...as we all are... And everything I have commented on this thread has been aroung this

Our neighborhood has a whatsapp group for crime alerts and suspicious activity. There are a lot of times when even the slightest hint of suspicion is posted on the group, e.g. someone walking down the street and looking at a house for too long.

Edited by Jacquers

Our neighborhood has a whatsapp group for crime alerts and suspicious activity. There are a lot of times when even the slightest hint of suspicion is posted on the group, e.g. someone walking down the street and looking at a house for too long.

I used to get so annoyed with ours I unsubscribed. The one post alerted everyone to runners that looked like they weren't from the area...ffs!

Is it a GIANT or a TREK? OP mentioned it looks like a TREK. I can't tell from the picture.

Same same

I am so sick and tired of this PC crap . 

You get bad service , a bad attitude, road rage , someone pushes in front of you or is being an a-hole for whatever reason - you have to check yourself and check what race the person is before you react because....RACE CARD !!

If you sat down and tried to think of a way to make this photo look more suspicious you would have struggled , but here we are ..... 

So I zoomed in on the picture of the dude in the red overalls on what seems to be an ebike-

It looks like the bike is totally the wrong size for him.

He has no helmet and no gloves on.

No cycling shoes either, rather it seems he has boots on.

Seems he has clipless rather than flat pedals (but no clipless cycling shoes).

It looks like he is cycling based on the position of the rear derailleur and of his knees, ie not using the motor. 

He is wearing overalls which cannot be comfortable to cycle in along with boots on clipless pedals. If it his expensive bike it makes no sense to ride as he is doing. 

But who knows really? Sure these are all assumptions. But likely correct.

Yes it may be his bike and yes he may be moving it for someone else from point A to point B.

Or- it may be a stolen bike and in the interests of safety and crime in a country where petty theft is extremely high and where cyclists are attacked for their bikes, it makes SENSE to point this dude out and possibly return a stolen bike.

Nobody is picking on the dude in the red overalls- as nobody knows the guy- the point is the bike in question, and the possible safe return thereof if it is stolen. This is where this should end. - 

To bring up race is as dumb as moaning that the bike's frame is not a green colour, or that his overalls are red not purple. 

I am so sick and tired of this PC crap .

You get bad service , a bad attitude, road rage , someone pushes in front of you or is being an a-hole for whatever reason - you have to check yourself and check what race the person is before you react because....RACE CARD !!

If you sat down and tried to think of a way to make this photo look more suspicious you would have struggled , but here we are .....

You live in a racially tense country.. the example you cited there is part and parcel of that and something you have to live with or move away from. Political correctness.. Or more simply put.. Being aware and sensitive to things outside of your bubble is a completely different kettle of fish

Wait till he finds out what a replacement charger costs

ok my assumptions here.

a) guy wearing overalls in killarney gardens is LSM 1-3

b) guy riding a R70k ebike Powerfly 5FS is LSM 7-10

c) a replacement charger direct from Trek SA would probably be ~R2000

none of these are bad assumptions

You live in a racially tense country.. the example you cited there is part and parcel of that and something you have to live with or move away from. Political correctness.. Or more simply put.. Being aware and sensitive to things outside of your bubble is a completely different kettle of fish

We also live in an extremely high crime country.