100% vs Oakley

Furbz

So i need a new set of sunglasses

for a long while i've wanted Oakley jawbreakers with Road Prizm lenses

that said the 100% glasses also look great

does anyone have experience with both?

i'm sure the Oakleys are brilliant, but i have little knowledge about 100% apart from Sagan being sponsored by them.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't go wrong with either, both premium, both expensive, both great quality. Go and try a pair of each on and see which fits you better and choose based on that. Anyone that says the one is better than the other is speaking from a preference point of view, nothing more.

I have 100%'s And I've had Oakleys. Both are great but IMO Oakley is a slightly more premium product.

The nice thing about 100%'s are that the replacement lenses are cheap-ish.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

I’ve tried 100% just didn’t like the fit and feel of it but that’s just my opinion.

It is a premium product best try them both

My experience of oakleys not great - first pair lost iridium coating after a year and 2nd pair developed a visual distortion in the lense which has made them unusable. Oakley don't consider this a product failure and will not replace under warranty. Bought mysrlf some adidas instead and am very happy so far.

Oakley's warranty is non existent. Anything that's wrong with the product is the owners fault. standard response.

Pity because the product is very good and I like the fit.

not so sure about 100% yet. they make one look like a stormtrooper 

• 3 months later...

Another thumbs down for Oakley warranty.

Metal clip on jawbreakers gave up the ghost within warranty period but was classified as breakage. Strange as I've only opened up the jawbreaker twice and the 2nd time was when I noticed the lens was loose. They haven't been in an accident so I can only surmise that the corrosive sweat in that area caused the failure. Waiting to hear if they can replace that component at a reasonable price.

I suspect it will be cheaper to buy a new pair than replace broken component though.

Update:

Unable to replace broken part  :cursing:

Edited by Albatross

Also one for adidas. they just seem to fit better.

I'm in the market for new glasses, please share which adidas glasses worked for you?

My previous ones seemed to fog up under intense efforts. It might be that my Aero Road Helmet is not giving effective airflow and cooling which leads to the fogging up, so I might be trying to patch a solution instead of fixing the root of the problem but I am not forking out a bunch of cash for a new helmet anytime soon, so this has to do.

I've had a number of pairs of Oakleys. Almost all of my sports glasses have eventually had the lenses peel unfortunately, generally on the piece above the nose bridge. The casual lenses have had better longevity - probably because there is much less sweat involved!

I currently have 2 pairs of 100% - the Speedcraft and the S2 (black with gold lenses, love them!). I was a bit sceptical at first, but have found them to fit my face really well (I battle with glasses sitting lopsided on my face). The lense quality is excellent, I'd be as bold as to say better than the Oakleys that I have had before. They are extremely comfortable, don't squeeze my head and don't steam up which is also a huge issue for me. And all the pairs I have came with clear lenses too which makes them great for early morning riding without incurring extra expense. I'm suitably impressed and would buy 100% again for riding. I look like a storm trooper with my helmet off though as someone mentioned above, so would probably buy Oakley casuals again if I have to replace my current frame.