When your bars have had enough

Markellis

Happened to me in the Cradle years ago.

Handlebar (aluminum) snapped off clean at the stem. Was doing about 60kph at the time, but instead of sliding liking this guy I went straight down. Didn't even have time to register what had happened.

No serious injuries, just road rash and whiplash. And a row of holes in my calf where the big ring went chainsaw on me.

Happened to me in the Cradle years ago.

Handlebar (aluminum) snapped off clean at the stem. Was doing about 60kph at the time, but instead of sliding liking this guy I went straight down. Didn't even have time to register what had happened.

No serious injuries, just road rash and whiplash. And a row of holes in my calf where the big ring went chainsaw on me.

Thank goodness you didn't have disk brakes. . . .

Eina pyn!!

He managed to keep his face off the tar at least but at a cost to his hands and arms. Not to mention what used to be his nipples.

Ouch, but in all fairness he came off pretty lightly. Hopefully the wet roads would help with the road rash and make is more of a carpet burn type abrasion.

Everyone here worrying about his hands, I'd be worried about my junk grinding down the road. :ph34r: