10 cyclist hit & run incident - Centurion

Fred van Vlaanderen

The driver will first sober up..Seek good legal representation and then hand him /herself over.

Happened in our accident, our hit and run driver was however apprehended whilst still under the influence. His attorney claimed that he had been so traumatised by the accident that he fleed the scene, went home and started drinking. Thus, when the law arrived at his house, he was under the influence. The legal system needs to make a decent example of somebody.

Edited by Vetseun

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The driver will first sober up..Seek good legal representation and then hand him /herself over...............

Yup, we've seen that so many times in the past few years it is just not funny anymore. You can add that the cops don't go to any trouble to try and find the absconded driver, certainly not while he may still be drunk, or while his lawyer wraps up the golf game! :cursing:  

There is an Andrew Randall listed as a user that I know I’ve had a few replies with each other. His profile shows he is from Centurion, and I fear we have lost another Huber.

RIP

Not a hobbyist by any means. Just looked at his Strava. Over 6000km on the bike this year so far

The driver will first sober up..Seek good legal representation and then hand him /herself over.

Happened in our accident, our hit and run driver was however apprehended whilst still under the influence. His attorney claimed that he had been so traumatised by the accident that he fleed the scene, went home and started drinking. Thus, when the law arrived at his house, he was under the influence. The legal system needs to make a decent example of somebody.

Like the guy that got off for killing Nino.

If you don't know me as stretch then you won't remember me.. Lol. I'm Sure I played basketball with you. Andrew de klerk

Your brother Mike de Klerk...Honest Chocolate?

Terrible....this country needs to clamp down hard on people leaving the accident scene. There should be a mandatory sentence on this like 5 years at least. But as many have pointed out even when this low life is eventually caught it will be too late and he will get minimal punishment.

And then what does the info help for?  (Respectfully asked)

Absolutely nothing...like the drunk who drove into the back of our group and killed Jared and Richard...enjoying life with his family...sometimes we need to to take care of things ourselves...the saying an eye for an eye shouldnt be taken so lightly.

Absolutely nothing...like the drunk who drove into the back of our group and killed Jared and Richard...enjoying life with his family...sometimes we need to to take care of things ourselves...the saying an eye for an eye shouldnt be taken so lightly.

And people wonder why the people in the townships take matters in their own hands and stone offenders to death. They know that nothing ever happens to the offenders, or they get off very lightly compared to the crime they committed.

And people wonder why the people in the townships take matters in their own hands and stone offenders to death. They know that nothing ever happens to the offenders, or they get off very lightly compared to the crime they committed.

And yet we are too civilized and proper not to react with violence or destructive behaviour