[Event] EWC 3 Jonkershoek Enduro

Enduro Western Cape

what are your thoughts regarding the Muratie race ? Never heard anything about those trails....

Fantastic trails, and a very cool race. WhereEnduro started in the WC. This is a lite pop-up version though.

Edited by Heinrich Hattingh

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So on my way from slummies , stopping over in hogsback for 2 days .... see you @ jonkers saterday . ? Time

I wanna get there round 07h30 or so, to ride from 8. I'll be the dude in the pedo van. 

Edited by Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

So is this still on or has everyone developed a sudden onset of PES?

I'm busy looking at the forecast, and the wind is gusting to 36 knots tomorrow. Temp is perfect, but I know that those hills really get blasted with the wind. Honestly in 2 minds about it. 

I'm still going, but the full pull may be a tad ambitious given the conditions. 

Just rode eden gspot and mt marie ... weather perfect bit hot so earlier start might be good for heat and wind .

See you all there !!

heat is staying rount 18 / 19 all day, which is lekker. It's the wind that I'm not particularly happy about. Starts picking up tonight and hits 35kt by midnight tonight, only dipping back down on Sunday morning. 

heat is staying rount 18 / 19 all day, which is lekker. It's the wind that I'm not particularly happy about. Starts picking up tonight and hits 35kt by midnight tonight, only dipping back down on Sunday morning. 

Not in Jonkers

Wind prediction for Jonkers/Stellenbosch is maxed out at a 14 knott breeze.

It is seldom windy there. 

post-45765-0-42900900-1573812225_thumb.png

Edited by Jewbacca

Are you organising a road ride?

It will be "mint condition" this weekend.

OK 2 things...

1. Don't ride at midnight...

2. When you do ride on Sunday..hang on...!

post-35907-0-97727200-1573812050_thumb.jpeg

Edited by capediver

Just rode eden gspot and mt marie ... weather perfect bit hot so earlier start might be good for heat and wind .

See you all there !!

captain! seems we gonna miss each other AGAIN! Damn....

See you all there !!

Any friend of Tony is a Friend of mine. Have you ridden jonkers before? There is a fair amount of climbing but the descents are sweeeeet.

Wind looks like it will be there but nothing too drastic. Myles is just making excuses coz he knows he's too sleg to do all four of the enduro stages. I'm gonna leave Hout Bay at 6 so I should be ready to ride at 7.30. 

I've got a grey ford Ranger and a black jeffsy. 

*Edit. Ok Tony says you're *** strong.

Edited by Duane_Bosch