Forthelove misleading, incorrect dodgy seller on bikehub

throttles

I am a Free Stater. Our word is our word. We bulldust nobody and if you bulldust us, we climb in our bakkie, come to your house and moer you.

Seker nog n Hilux ook

A couple of years back we had a project out in Kroonstad. I used to either fly in from CT to JHB or Bloem and then drive to Kroonstad.

A couple of observations.

Short guys are 2.1m tall

Two tone shirts are a fashion statement

White Hilux bakkies are a right of passage

Guys are very friendly and nice people

Ladies even more so than the guys

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of years back we had a project out in Kroonstad. I used to either fly in from CT to JHB or Bloem and then drive to Kroonstad.

A couple of observations.

Short guys are 2.1m tall

Two tone shirts are a fashion statement

White Hilux bakkies are a right of passage

Guys are very friendly and nice people

Ladies even more so than the guys

So those trips were quite enjoyable I believe ;)

Does Specialized pass on the guarantee in a second hand sale? As far as i can recall they dont.

So I see the review that Quagga left on the profile of Forthelove has been removed.

The advert of the bike is also not active anymore.

So it is almost like this never happened.. except for the details in this thread, at least.

So I see the review that Quagga left on the profile of Forthelove has been removed.

So it is almost like this never happened.. except for the details in this thread, at least.

Arg no :-( people need to know for the next time he pulls a move like that

So those trips were quite enjoyable I believe ;)

Unfortunately not .... was married then ... but as a welcoming community, the Free State peoples are great.

Out of curiosity, what review did you leave?

I also contacted the seller for the bike and then looked at the reviews like I normally do - found this thread and decided to steer clear. But if it wasnt for this thread, I'd have been deep in it by today!

Out of curiosity, what review did you leave?

I also contacted the seller for the bike and then looked at the reviews like I normally do - found this thread and decided to steer clear. But if it wasnt for this thread, I'd have been deep in it by today!

1 star rating.

Thus future buyers would be "warned" to do some homework about this seller ....

Frankly I am dissappointed in ADMIN.

WHAT is the use of ratings if you cant forewarn the next buyer ?  Or may it only be used to bolster sales ?

The gap between Gumtree and this sales-platform (dont even want to refer to it by name) is shrinking by the day .....

Certainly no more "peace of mind" in referring a friend to come and buy second hand stuff here. 

sad to see ....

Frankly I am dissappointed in ADMIN.

WHAT is the use of ratings if you cant forewarn the next buyer ?  Or may it only be used to bolster sales ?

The gap between Gumtree and this sales-platform (dont even want to refer to it by name) is shrinking by the day .....

Certainly no more "peace of mind" in referring a friend to come and buy second hand stuff here. 

sad to see ....

Hi all,

Quagga's review was removed since the OP of this thread had already left a 1 star review from the original issue. The contents of his review also referenced the removal of the images which was done by us, prior to the outright removal of the advert.

Screenshot 2020-07-17 at 15.42.00.png

For the purposes of alerting potential buyers to this thread, we felt the review from Throttles is sufficient. As also noted in my response yesterday in this thread, there is an unfortunate bug which prevented the rating from being displayed on the advert itself. We're attending to this urgently. The rating system should have connected the dots here and in future will do so more effectively.

Hi all,

Quagga's review was removed since the OP of this thread had already left a 1 star review from the original issue. The contents of his review also referenced the removal of the images which was done by us, prior to the outright removal of the advert.

attachicon.gifScreenshot 2020-07-17 at 15.42.00.png

For the purposes of alerting potential buyers to this thread, we felt the review from Throttles is sufficient. As also noted in my response yesterday in this thread, there is an unfortunate bug which prevented the rating from being displayed on the advert itself. We're attending to this urgently. The rating system should have connected the dots here and in future will do so more effectively.

Hi Matt

Unfortunately the review from Throttles is about the initial sale issue he had with the person and it is not related to the listing of the Spez gravel bike with tampered pictures, which is a 2nd instance now. So I would think a 2nd instance justifies a 2nd review.

One negative rating on a user can be an anomaly. A 2nd negative review is definitely something more serious that buyers need to be aware of.

Hi all,

Screenshot 2020-07-17 at 15.42.00.png

Hi Matt, sorry for the hijack but i have noticed that a few rating's that i have given to buyers do not show on the users profile is this the same big?

Edit: same bug?

Edited by You Biscuit

Hi Matt

Unfortunately the review from Throttles is about the initial sale issue he had with the person and it is not related to the listing of the Spez gravel bike with tampered pictures, which is a 2nd instance now. So I would think a 2nd instance justifies a 2nd review.

One negative rating on a user can be an anomaly. A 2nd negative review is definitely something more serious that buyers need to be aware of.

100% this

If 10 people, or 100 people picked up on the same issue (misleading photos), and all of them gave a negative rating, all the ratings should be retained. It's the price you pay for misleading people.

Scammers often try resell the same thing, so the issue should not be limited to the initial transaction/posting. 

In today’s day and age if your phone can take WhatsApp you can take pics and post on bikehub.

If you want to sell your items honestly you will take pics and either illustrate condition with pics or in the description of your ad.

In this week @pieterkaggel had a wanted ad. I contacted him because I had exactly what he wanted.

He asked me if it was in perfect condition. So I took multiple photo’s and sent it to him on WhatsApp. I told him what I wanted for the item and refused payment until he was satisfied.

Deceiving people for a quick buck or to offload damaged equipment will only catch up to you.

Either someone will deceive you or Karma will get the better of you.

This week alone I had 2 sales go through, both were not from ads that I placed rather from wanted ads.

I made sure that I rated the experience I had with the Hubbers. Forewarned is for armed IMHO.

Hubbers need to use the rating system and report ads.

But at the same time I feel that their is a biased in support of claims Against sellers by admin.