*NEW 12speed Shimano SLX on the way

dewaldsss

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should make for some good watching when video becomes available at 5pm tomorrow. Interesting Info in Youtube video description section, if it can be believed...

Nope, anyone making use of DT swiss internals across the range. Including DT hubs themselves.

Bit of a biechi move by Shimano but product managers have planned ahead already.

Anyone using DT star ratchet which is only the higher end wheels. Dt's lowerttier hubs won't be in microspline just yet.

Will be good to see some Shimano 12 speed happening but if I have to start getting new hubs or freebodys on an SLX level bit of of kit then that's a fail. I went from XT 11sp to Eagle NX (shock horror! Call the standards police) and it was a super cheap upgrade for the whole groupset (inc shorter cranks) from CRC and has worked faultlessly.

Look, the shifter is a bit flexy being plastic but the rest of it has performed easily on par with my SLX drive trains. I'd say my experience fo the NX is better than the 11sp GX as that was pretty average and I didn't like it. I'll probablly go back to Shimano after this (just because I like the 2 way shifting and the multi shift thing) if I don't have to feck about and buy new kit for the privilege. 

Will be good to see some Shimano 12 speed happening but if I have to start getting new hubs or freebodys on an SLX level bit of of kit then that's a fail. I went from XT 11sp to Eagle NX (shock horror! Call the standards police) and it was a super cheap upgrade for the whole groupset (inc shorter cranks) from CRC and has worked faultlessly.

Look, the shifter is a bit flexy being plastic but the rest of it has performed easily on par with my SLX drive trains. I'd say my experience fo the NX is better than the 11sp GX as that was pretty average and I didn't like it. I'll probablly go back to Shimano after this (just because I like the 2 way shifting and the multi shift thing) if I don't have to feck about and buy new kit for the privilege. 

Anyone know of the compatibility of SRAM and Shimano 12s cassettes? Ie could you use a SRAM cassette with the SLX (or XTR) shifter/derailleur due to the more readily available XD driver? I imagine yes since both (apparently) work with the sunrace 12s 11/50. You could then run SLX shifter+RD with the GX cassette (and XD freehub)

yes you can

Anyone know of the compatibility of SRAM and Shimano 12s cassettes? Ie could you use a SRAM cassette with the SLX (or XTR) shifter/derailleur due to the more readily available XD driver? I imagine yes since both (apparently) work with the sunrace 12s 11/50. You could then run SLX shifter+RD with the GX cassette (and XD freehub)

yes you can

Youtube full of videos of new xtr 12spd running sram cassette AND chain and shifting is 100%

Anyone using DT star ratchet which is only the higher end wheels. Dt's lowerttier hubs won't be in microspline just yet.

XTR yes, but the tooling is done and there are already orders that have been place already. This was over a year ago.

snip

I'll probablly go back to Shimano after this (just because I like the 2 way shifting and the multi shift thing) if I don't have to feck about and buy new kit for the privilege. 

Agree. once you go tripple upshift/double downshift...you can never go back. 

And what would you drive out of motor plan...a Toyota or an Audi? :ph34r: ....

sure one looks nicer...but terrorists prefer the other for a reason.

Agree. once you go tripple upshift/double downshift...you can never go back. 

And what would you drive out of motor plan...a Toyota or an Audi? :ph34r: ....

sure one looks nicer...but terrorists prefer the other for a reason.

But the SAS and the UN like a Patrol... 

But the SAS and the UN like a Patrol... 

yea but didn't they 'upgrade' from Land Rovers?...so they dont have the best history of making the right choices do they? :devil:  :lol:

<way off topic>

One of the US reconnaissance units replaced all their Humvees – which were deemed too unreliable – with Land Rovers. 

A few months later they were spotted testing Hiluxes.

(And no cheap shots (have always wanted a Series II), this really did happen)

</way off topic>

Wonder when the new 12-speed bits will be available in SA?

<way off topic>

One of the US reconnaissance units replaced all their Humvees – which were deemed too unreliable – with Land Rovers.

A few months later they were spotted testing Hiluxes.

(And no cheap shots (have always wanted a Series II), this really did happen)

</way off topic>

Wonder when the new 12-speed bits will be available in SA?

XT - End of June, beginning of July.

SLX - August/September.

XT chain and brakes only arriving in August too.

Archived