Little Rant about Omnico and Fox Transfer dropper

Jehosefat

My Fusion x on my spech bent (yes Im a heavy chap) and put my spare Lyne in. and when the fusion was fixed I kept the Lyne ... have a Fox factory I can also use but I don't like the Kashima, it clashes. so ill stick to my Lyne, and has less side to side movement than my fox or my On-up. 

I would go Lyne. good support and great product. 

Edited by DuncanDoughnuts

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the replies
As per the original post on this topic, Fox is super expensive to service.

Lyne has great products and support, but there are no service kits available right now. Not a problem if I bought a new post, but will be a problem in the future. But, I imagine that stock would have arrived by then. Lyne also wins on price vs OneUp or Bikeyoke.

I the mean time, I should service my current Lyne dropper, but cannot because there are no kits...

3 hours ago, droo said:

snip .....- although this is just anecdotal and may point to user error as much as anything else.

Droo what are the Do's and Dont's with droppers ?

What can a rider do to extend the life of the dropper ?

Probably more importantly, what should we avoid ..... to not shorten its life span ?

I am one of those guys that do most of my minor services myself.  The bike goes in to my LBS for a major service, i.e. suspension and dropper.

19 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Droo what are the Do's and Dont's with droppers ?

What can a rider do to extend the life of the dropper ?

Probably more importantly, what should we avoid ..... to not shorten its life span ?

I am one of those guys that do most of my minor services myself.  The bike goes in to my LBS for a major service, i.e. suspension and dropper.

Same as all suspension bits - stay away from high pressure water and stick to your intervals.

One extra - don't pull up on a dropper when it's down. It can boil the oil in the cartridge and make a DIY suspension seatpost.

On 6/20/2023 at 11:40 AM, splat said:

Thanks for the replies
As per the original post on this topic, Fox is super expensive to service.

Lyne has great products and support, but there are no service kits available right now. Not a problem if I bought a new post, but will be a problem in the future. But, I imagine that stock would have arrived by then. Lyne also wins on price vs OneUp or Bikeyoke.

I the mean time, I should service my current Lyne dropper, but cannot because there are no kits...

They get stock in all the time so I'm confused why you are worried about the service kits. Their service is legendary. I fitted a 100mm drop Lyne to my wife's old Zula. Its been flawless for more than three years with just a clean and lube to keep it happy.

Get in touch with Dayle at Lyne, ask him when they getting stock again. They are super helpful, even when I asked about a no name post someone gave me to service, looked a lot like theirs. Turned out their 27.2mm service kit was 100% compatible and walked out with all the parts I needed.

I'm still a fan of the Reverb, but helps that I can service them DIY for next to nothing. Keep up with the service intervals and like most things, will last for ages

On 6/20/2023 at 1:01 PM, droo said:

Same as all suspension bits - stay away from high pressure water and stick to your intervals.

One extra - don't pull up on a dropper when it's down. It can boil the oil in the cartridge and make a DIY suspension seatpost.

I often hang my bike by the seat at bike parking , sometimes with the dropper fully down, is this a problem?

43 minutes ago, bullet77 said:

I often hang my bike by the seat at bike parking , sometimes with the dropper fully down, is this a problem?

With cartridge droppers not really ( not ideal)

With hydraulic, yes . but you'll have notices they extend when you pull on them by now so doubt you have this issue

The 3x X-Fusion Manic droppers I’ve had have been fantastic compared to the Reverb I had (what a POS), several Spez Command Posts, and a Lyne.

I’m light on components and don’t keep them for very long, but still…

Also have to as the Bikeyoke revive has been the best post I've ever had , and I had a reverb stealth that didn't give a day of crap in 2 years.

Maybe its just the feather weight pressure it needs to move but something about it feels very confidence inspiring 

19 hours ago, bullet77 said:

It isn't until it is. You may be lucky, but in general it's not a good idea.