Little Rant about Omnico and Fox Transfer dropper

Jehosefat

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you actually use these pretty things on muddy trails?  

I don't own one, but if I did I would probably just sit around looking at it and taking selfies with it. So no. 

Then I must have heard wrong.

That announcement was from Omnico as "Fox" they just have an online booking system so you can go directly through them instead of your LBS.

Not advised though.

That announcement was from Omnico as "Fox" they just have an online booking system so you can go directly through them instead of your LBS.

Not advised though.

Yeah. Bugger. I must have read the headline instead of the body. Rookie error.

• 3 years later...

Digging up an old thread here, but here goes: I may be in the market for a new dropper seatpost. But the question is 'which one' ?
I could easily fit a 150mm dropper on the frame. Choice is Lyne, Fox or e*thirteen.

Based on this thread, the Lyne is the obvious choice, but I see that service kits are not in stock at the moment. The e*thirteen is about the same price, but I don't see service kits anywhere. The Fox is 2nd hand and about the same price, but there is no way that I am paying R2500.00 for a service.

The current seatpost is a Lyne and 'only' 125mm and is very slow to return. I am not sure if its a V1 or V2. There is no air pressure to adjust because its a cartridge

49 minutes ago, splat said:

Digging up an old thread here, but here goes: I may be in the market for a new dropper seatpost. But the question is 'which one' ?
I could easily fit a 150mm dropper on the frame. Choice is Lyne, Fox or e*thirteen.

Based on this thread, the Lyne is the obvious choice, but I see that service kits are not in stock at the moment. The e*thirteen is about the same price, but I don't see service kits anywhere. The Fox is 2nd hand and about the same price, but there is no way that I am paying R2500.00 for a service.

The current seatpost is a Lyne and 'only' 125mm and is very slow to return. I am not sure if its a V1 or V2. There is no air pressure to adjust because its a cartridge

For circa Fox money ill not even think about it…Bikeyoke Revive all day long. The best droppers money can buy imo. 

I have a 160mm revive and a 210mm OneUp, ive also had 2 x Lyne ones. The Lyne and One Up are on par….the one up probably slightly nicer. But barely. Neither of them even come close to the revive though.  One up doesn't come with a lever either..which is lame. 

i see evo bikes have the bikeyoke Devine (budget version) and Revives on special at the mo. I dont know how they compare to the revive though…and 160mm…so yea. 

cheapest place (as far as i know) to get a oneUp, and you might get more drop in with one of them due to their short stack ( can also limit travel with included  parts)

https://shredshed.co.za/products/one-up-dropper-post-v2-30-9excludes-lever

Edited by MORNE

On 6/17/2023 at 6:03 PM, splat said:

Fox service cost is about R 1 650 now for the older ones, closer to R 2k for the newer version. The new one you can do the intermediate service yourself if you're into that kind of thing, the R 22k proprietary toolkit is only needed for the cartridge rebuild.

Bikeyoke is entirely rebuildable with a basic toolkit, and quality and reliability are on par with Fox. Much lower maintenance cost and cheaper spares.

Lyne, OneUp and E13 are from the same factory, but with slight variations in design. The first two are better with spares though, and I've seen more worn out E13s than the others - although this is just anecdotal and may point to user error as much as anything else.

One-Up and E13 are adjustable for drop, the rest are not.

FWIW - I run a Bikeyoke, but would just as soon run the Transfer - but I have the toolkit which makes servicing easier,

On 6/17/2023 at 6:03 PM, splat said:

Lyne components all the way, they are hands down the best bicycle brand in the country. After sale customer service is their number 1 goal. Dayle (the owner) will do everything he can to make sure you're happy