Anyone got an update on the failed Everesting dude?

pe3nguin

What ever happened to the Militant Vegan (van dweeb?) who could have killed an Everesting with the right gearing?

Last I remember, it was May and he was aiming (bragging i dunno) about a sub 1:15 half marathon. I think he had given himself 8 weeks or so? Anyone know if he achieved this?

Obviously anyone can run a half marathon with the right shoe laces, but considering it was a pretty ambitious goal, I'm curious if he managed.

Since Friday is a holiday I see you are working in advance.  :clap:  :clap:

Half and half :P

I am genuinely interested. By most peoples reckoning, he is very strong on the bike. But 1:15 is a fricken high pace to work up to in the limited time frame he had imposed.

What ever happened to the Militant Vegan (van dweeb?) who could have killed an Everesting with the right gearing?

Last I remember, it was May and he was aiming (bragging i dunno) about a sub 1:15 half marathon. I think he had given himself 8 weeks or so? Anyone know if he achieved this?

Obviously anyone can run a half marathon with the right shoe laces, but considering it was a pretty ambitious goal, I'm curious if he managed.

Please don’t poke the cat

Half and half :P

I am genuinely interested. By most peoples reckoning, he is very strong on the bike. But 1:15 is a fricken high pace to work up to in the limited time frame he had imposed.

He didn't make it.  Did a 1h30 ish if I recall correctly.  Still fast, but not fast enough.

Like everything else though, he made a song and dance about it before actually doing it.  

He didn't make it.  Did a 1h30 ish if I recall correctly.  Still fast, but not fast enough.

Like everything else though, he made a song and dance about it before actually doing it.  

That's still mighty impressive. Wow. Kudos to him. But like you say, maybe a bit less hype train would serve him well in the future.

That's still mighty impressive. Wow. Kudos to him. But like you say, maybe a bit less hype train would serve him well in the future.

Not as impressive as a 1h15. Climbing 5000m is impressive, but not an Everest. Maybe he needs to eat more Bananas.

Maybe he will join FRAIL and do a 10 000m everest?

Doubt it... he can't even ride after a coffee, so not sure he even qualifies as a cyclist?

Doubt it... he can't even ride after a coffee, so not sure he even qualifies as a cyclist?

I'm sure he can't do much anything after a coffee, since coffee usually contains milk, making it non-vegan...

Yeah the song and dance along with the abrasive comments are probably just to attract numbers to his online presence. Its just basic marketing, much like that Aussie vegan guy, its just one way of getting your name out there.