Cape Town Cycle Tour 2020

Long Wheel Base

Ditto, entry 23 though, hoping to complete #22. Still haven't bought any Club21 kit yet....

maybe if people who have bought the different garmets can post pics. the cycling top is horrendous IMO...

I can't disagree with you there. But it's also about bragging rights. I have the hat, T-shirt and golf shirt as well. IICR they updated the golf shirt last year and it looks better(I haven't seen it but my folks told me). I will take pics for you. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's going to be the first hubber to admit he's entered in the ebike category?

I've entered me and Captain Domane (mamil powered only) although I swore I wasn't going to after another mamil decided that trying to kill me was a fair option in his pursuit of 2322nd place.

Ditto, entry 23 though, hoping to complete #22. Still haven't bought any Club21 kit yet....

maybe if people who have bought the different garmets can post pics. the cycling top is horrendous IMO...

I like the shirt, in a "one day a year" kinda way.

However, their advice to buy one size up means mine (a L) is a tad loose.

So, now that my dad has also joined the club, he's ordered a medium and we'll swop.

Stuff that, let's get something useful.

What will the weather be like ?

Hie hie, it all depends...

The more Doomsday negative pessimistic people post the better the weather will be :D  Please do not take the mickey out of them. They are seriaas cyclists.

For my 28th effort I would like to see something different. Fine weather, Excessive Winds, Intense Heat, Rain, Smoke and Drought is so yesterday. 

Snow would put a nice edge on the event :clap:  :clap:

Hie hie, it all depends...

The more Doomsday negative pessimistic people post the better the weather will be :D  Please do not take the mickey out of them. They are seriaas cyclists.

For my 28th effort I would like to see something different. Fine weather, Excessive Winds, Intense Heat, Rain, Smoke and Drought is so yesterday. 

Snow would put a nice edge on the event :clap:  :clap:

well we haven't had a properly wet CTCT since 1987...

I'm in. When do entries for the CTCT MTB open?

I was informed it was not happening in 2020. I am not 100% sure if this is fact as apposed to rumor.

I was informed it was not happening in 2020. I am not 100% sure if this is fact as apposed to rumor.

Say it isn't so!!  :o

I think he might be correct, normally they have at least a "placeholder"  on the cape town cycle tour website, this year... nothing

However, hosting a short course in addition to the traditional 109km route is proving extremely complex. The team at Cape Town Cycle Tour, together with key stakeholders including the City of Cape Town, has invested considerable time and effort in planning for two world-class events within the City and surrounds. Safety, experience and quality of the event cannot be compromised, and disruption and inconvenience to the residents of the City of Cape Town must be minimised.

This process can’t be rushed and with the entry date upon us, the decision has been taken to postpone the short route option until 2021 to allow for further planning and judicious preparation.

“We know that there will be some disappointment around this decision – we’re disappointed too,” says Bellairs. “But as always, the safety of participants comes first. We hope to have good news next year regarding the short course for 2021. All stakesholders will continue working to make this possible.”

https://www.bikehub.co.za/features/_/news/road/sa-road-cycling/cape-town-cycle-tour-entries-open-e-bikes-welcome-short-route-clarification-r7979

However, hosting a short course in addition to the traditional 109km route is proving extremely complex. The team at Cape Town Cycle Tour, together with key stakeholders including the City of Cape Town, has invested considerable time and effort in planning for two world-class events within the City and surrounds. Safety, experience and quality of the event cannot be compromised, and disruption and inconvenience to the residents of the City of Cape Town must be minimised.

This process can’t be rushed and with the entry date upon us, the decision has been taken to postpone the short route option until 2021 to allow for further planning and judicious preparation.

“We know that there will be some disappointment around this decision – we’re disappointed too,” says Bellairs. “But as always, the safety of participants comes first. We hope to have good news next year regarding the short course for 2021. All stakesholders will continue working to make this possible.”

https://www.bikehub.co.za/features/_/news/road/sa-road-cycling/cape-town-cycle-tour-entries-open-e-bikes-welcome-short-route-clarification-r7979

But there's no disruption to Cape Town traffic up in the Stellies mountains  :whistling:

;-)

Think the question was about the MTB event (normally the weekend before the road race)

Edited by LeoKnight

change to ebike, easy sub 3

Ebike limits speed with assist to 28km /hr even if it helps you all the way - you would be looking at almost four hours - and you will have to change the battery at some stage somewhere in the middle. :) So It might be easier to get the sub 3 if you are fit and have a road bike